Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-15-2004, 2:17 AM Reply   
I'm looking for a good deal on 2 x hyperlite boards and bindings shipped to the UK.

After a 140 motive and binding and a 135 vargas and bindings.

Who offers good deals and good shipping rates?
Thinking of wakeside, anyone else?

Not fussed if they are 2003 closeouts if the price is good.

Jay
Old    saxosham            01-15-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
Jay,

The only place I can reccomend is Wileyski (Seattle). I'm from N.Ireland, and have had numerous boards shipped from them. Their prices are keen and the shipping is even better, here in 3 days!, faster than if I ordered it from England. Anyway they are good guys to buy from, as far as warranty problems go they are also very obliging.

Ask to speak to Darren Wiley.
Tell him I sent you!

www.wileyski.com
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-15-2004, 7:19 PM Reply   
If you want Blindside or Double Up, let me know.
Old    dodgydave            01-16-2004, 3:06 AM Reply   
Gareth,

I was thinking of getting a board and bindings shipped to Ireland and was wondering how much extra was shiping and did you get caught for tax/duty?

Cheers,
Dave
Old    tribal            01-16-2004, 8:45 AM Reply   
I'm from Canada but I'll have to second the Wiley's sugestion.He's a great guy and shipped my board cheap and fast.Definatly avoid buywake.com there international shipping rates are criminal.
Old    saxosham            01-16-2004, 6:37 PM Reply   
Dave,

I think the shipping costs around 40 quid, I think I got charged about 15 quid for the taxes. You still save loads compared to buying one in the UK. I will send you some info. (check your email)
Old    saxosham            01-16-2004, 6:46 PM Reply   
Sean,

I am actually in BC for a year, out for a gap year from Uni. I've been wakeboading quite a bit in the Deas slough near Richmond, got some beautiful lakes over here.
Old    tribal            01-17-2004, 6:35 AM Reply   
Gareth,
Cool I live pretty close to Van up by Whistler.Do any snowboarding/skiing?How much longer are you here for,are you here through this summer?If so we'll have to hook up and do some riding together.I've got a boat and our local lake is gorgeous.Water's azul blue with 50ft visibility no boat traffic and glaciers hanging overhead.
Old    saxosham            01-17-2004, 10:25 AM Reply   
Sean,
Yeah I have been snowboarding up at Whistler the odd saturday now and again, was up last weekend, also been to Mt. Seymour a bit. Whislter is amazing, makes Seymour seem so small!!. I'll be around until early August, I'm staying with Relatives here in Langley, they have a sportstar 19 so been riding with them a bit. Thanks for the offer, we should hook up for a bit of wakeboarding for sure.
Old    tribal            01-18-2004, 9:39 AM Reply   
Gareth,
Sounds good.I go away for work back around mid may that's usually when riding starts around here anyways.Send me an email through my profile if you want to hook up sometime up here to ride.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-22-2004, 4:41 AM Reply   
Wileys have given me a great deal on both boards and shipping. $140 to ship 3 x boards and bindings to the UK via fedex priority.
Yes Darren is great. Helped me with boards, gave very keen prices and not stitched me up on shipping.
And with a very good exchange rate at the moment its a good time to order.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-26-2004, 9:05 AM Reply   
Just to add got my boards today 2 working days after the order was placed can't get much better than that!