Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (matty_gs)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-13-2013, 2:22 PM Reply   
I am planning on adding a set of Rev 10's, powered by a Syn4 to my tower. Currently the boat is running 2 amps, 8 in-boats, 1 sub and 2 sets of tower speakers. It is configured with 2 batteries and a Blue Sea battery switch. Currently, it has no distribution block for the wiring and I think I am going to gut out the current setup and rewire. I have a few questions about how to wire though.

The plan right now is to run a 1/0 guage wire from the B + of the second battery with an inline fuse to the distribution block. 1st question. From what I understand, this fuse needs to equal the fuse total of all amps being run from the distribution block? The 2 amps I currently have in there both have 2x30amp fuses and the Syn4 runs 3x30amp fuses (could be mistaken on Syn4 since I don't have it yet). Does this mean the inline fuse needs to equal 210 amps (60+60+90)?

From the inline fuse, I will continue running the 1/0 guage to the distribution block. The distribution block will have 3 4gauge outputs. From what I understand, the distribution block should also be fused for the associated amp fuses. Therefore, I would have 2x 60 amp fuses and 1x 90amp fuse in the distribution block? From there, I would simply run 4 gauge to the power input on the amps. The negatives of the amps would run a 4 gauge back to a different distrbution block which has a 1/0 guage out to the negative of the 2nd battery. Does this distribution block need to be fused and does there need to be another inline fuse like the positive?

Sorry for my ignorance but I appreciate your help.

M