Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (caseySAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-22-2012, 8:21 PM Reply   
Hey everybody first time poster, been viewing this forum for a long time now, finally decided to sign up.

Im trying to get some different opinions on what i should do. I currently have a 03 SAN 210 which i like a lot... but I don't really wakeboard anymore, i just like to surf, hang out and drink a few beers. Im thinking a bout selling it to get something else.

My questions to everybody is would you sell the SAN to get something that throws a bigger surf wake and something a little bigger with a little more storage? Or should I upgrade my stereo, and a few other things and just run the SAN for now. I one thing i don't like about the 210 is the the prop spins the opposite way, and i ride regular so its harder to get a nice surf wake on that side. So what would you guys do?
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-22-2012, 8:46 PM Reply   
I think the start of the decision should be financial. Can you afford it, or do you have to finance it? IMHO if you have to take out another loan to upgrade, I would hold off but if you have the means to pay cash, go for it. New boats are the bees knees.
Old     (caseySAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-22-2012, 9:46 PM Reply   
Well i should have gave more information, i have no payment on my current boat, its paid in full, so if i sold it i could use that as a down payment and try to get a loan a new boat.
Old     (Texan)      Join Date: May 2011       04-23-2012, 7:01 AM Reply   
I'd sell. I have a SAN near that age and wouldn't sell it for anything... but I'm not a sit and surf guy. Prices right now on used SAN's are great. You should be able to get a good value for it and step up to something that fits you more quite easily. Of course as said, as long as finances allow.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-23-2012, 1:51 PM Reply   
If you mainly surf it sounds like buying something else would be worth it. The SAN should fetch a good amoutn of money. Probably around 30k depending on hours, condition, options, etc... There are a few boats that you could get for abou that, that will have more storage, space and a better surf wake. Centurion Avalanche, Sanger V215/V230, Tige 22v/24v are a few. If you want something newer and dont' mind financing a newer avalanche, enzo, most any tige, Sanger V237, any of the new MB's, etc... you will have a boat much more suited for how you want to use it.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       04-23-2012, 2:27 PM Reply   
I would sell it and pick up something better suited for surfing. You will have a big down payment with what you can sell that SAN for. That should translate into a great interest rate and a fairly low monthly payment.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-23-2012, 3:25 PM Reply   
i had malibu's and too many knee injuries. I finally stopped wakeboarding, or only mess around, and wakeskate alittle, but surf all the time. I ended up with an enzo 23 and love it for the wave. just bought a new enzo 244, it is awesome, and has everything you would want for surfing and lounging, anyways, just because it is more surf oriented does not mean it doesn't have a killer wakeboard wake, but its nice to not have all the bags everywhere. more and more companies are building deeper v boats and getting killer wakes from them. i think you will see that more and more, even the new "g23 games changer"lol has a wider beam, and deeper v. surfing is something everyone can do and is going to keep growing, while boarding will maintain, its getting harder to get out of bed in the morning and being hurt is no fun. good luck, let us know what you get
Old     (caseySAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-23-2012, 6:00 PM Reply   
Yeah Ive had two surgeries on my knee and ankle, i wake boarded maybe twice last year, and i drag out the wake skate everyone in a while. But i always grew up around mastercraft and malibu, and always thought of those two and nautique to be the top three then there was everyone else, to me it seems like everybody (MB, tige, centurion...)are defiantly catching up quality wise, am i Right?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-23-2012, 9:06 PM Reply   
All of the boats you've mentioned are well built.I would recommend a demo on each boat you are considering.Dealer location and service are also important if you don't do your own maintenance.You have a great boat now,but only you know whether or not it works for you.Good Luck!
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-24-2012, 2:36 PM Reply   
i think there is positives and negatives with all the companies. I would agree that most of the companies are getting closer in quality and the reality is they are all sharing powerplants, materials and designs. Yes, they all have there nitch, but I started to value the function and how that benefits our group and stopped worrying about the looks, and "statis", but i would put the centurion line up against all the others when it comes to constuction. They were not as plush as my malibu years ago, but my 09 was nice and the new 244 is killer, interior is sweet, functional and they have all the bells and wistles too. I think tige is there as well, and they are taking more and more market share. my dealer is bu and centurion, they dropped there cc line because there was more interest in bu, and for the last 5 years, they are seeing more of there malibu owners trading them in on centurion. we do not have mb or sanger in our market, and our tige dealers keep dropping the line (its not the boats but the market) you need to demo demo demo and i think you will find the right boat.