Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    river_rider            04-17-2003, 10:52 AM Reply   
I bought a Tige a few years ago and shortly aftre that the dealership closed down leaving me to deal with problems myself, or drive to Orlando to the nearest full dealership.
Somewhere on this board I heard that the Orlando dealership closed, and just now heard that a dealership in Texas closed.
Anyone got any skinny on wether I should ditch my boat and go with a different company?
Brad
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-17-2003, 11:45 AM Reply   
Every company has dealerships close, it's not a big deal. Tige is still strong.
Old    lucky            04-17-2003, 12:07 PM Reply   
Tige' is with Boat Tree now.
Old    aka Bradley Beach            04-17-2003, 12:08 PM Reply   
Tige dealerships seem to be few and far between, at least here in Kansas. I only know of one, Skiers Wharf on Table Rock Lake.
Old    swass            04-17-2003, 12:18 PM Reply   
Welll...that's still one dealer for every 10 people.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-17-2003, 1:38 PM Reply   
swass, ouch! At least we don't have to worry about those damn Texans moving to our state!

Brad, Table Rock's in Missouri!!!!
Old    midwest_boater            04-17-2003, 3:36 PM Reply   
I bought a 22V in January from a dealership in Overland Park (Kansas) that was going out of business. Skiers Wharf Extreme (Lake of the Ozarks ) is going to open a new dealership in KC in the next 2-3 weeks at about 151st and 169 to replace the one going out of business.

The dealership I bought from had financial problems from a boat being stolen - not a problem with Tige or their product.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-17-2003, 3:57 PM Reply   
John [The dealership I bought from had financial problems from a boat being stolen - not a problem with Tige or their product.]

John, that sounds somewhat fishy for two reasons.

1- They should have had insurance.
If not,
2- One stolen boat is certainly money lost but shouldn't be enough to put the whole place under. If that were the case, I would question their strength to begin with.

B-
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-17-2003, 4:54 PM Reply   
John,
I saw your boat Saturday afternoon on 169. Good looking rig.

That dealer had more problems than a boat being stolen. The guy really didn't have a clue! I don't think he had any real sales talent. Plus he decided to put a dealership in a strip mall in a pricey part of Kansas City. I think he needed much better business sense.
Old    midwest_boater            04-17-2003, 10:26 PM Reply   
I have to admit that I completely agree with Nick and Barry, however, the bottom line is that I got a great boat for an unbelieveable price! I went to the KC boat show in January looking to get a great wakeboat. Tige wasn't represented, so I called the nearest dealer. He said he was going out of business because he had a boat stolen and wouldn't be in business by the end of the month. Everything I read said that Tige was a good boat, so I considered my options against Malibu, CC, etc. The price was unbeatable, so I bought it. I've still got the Tige warrantee, and several dealerships willing to help me in the event of a problem (though it may be a lengthy drive for the short term).

I wanted to meet the Hillsdale contingent on Saturday, but had to be off the lake by noon for another engagement. It was cold at 9am! I know I saw B.Beach pulling in to Hillsdale, but I'm sorry that I missed you, Nick. (Not that I would have noticed missing another d*mn pussycat - Go Jayhawks!)
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-17-2003, 11:15 PM Reply   
at least we have a coach!!!!!!!!!! Roy who??????????
Old    john_c            04-18-2003, 6:21 AM Reply   
You've got me there. But even I could coach the team and not lose at Bramlage. (OK, OK, we're going piss everyone else off if we keep this up on a wakeboarding discussion board!)
Old    aka Bradley Beach            04-18-2003, 7:14 AM Reply   
Brain Fart! I meant to make that sentence come out different about Table Rock and Kansas! Whoops! Thanks for the geography lesson Nick, I didn't forget where Table Rock is at!!!

Swass, that was a harsh comment! Something against Kansas Boys? Did one beat you up while you were in HS or something!!!

John I saw you too and thought you were with us and then you left! You missed a great time that day! We were out there till almost 10pm! Don't worry we'll do it again sometime!

P.S. John the fall of the KU sports program is upon us so watch what you say!
Old    swass            04-18-2003, 9:42 AM Reply   
Why was it harsh? I was just taking a little poke at your state's population. It's not my fault you have more cows than people.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-18-2003, 9:53 AM Reply   
You just got lucky they threw mountains in the middle of your state. Eastern Colorado is the most god aweful place in the US!
Old    leggester            04-18-2003, 10:18 AM Reply   
Well, perhaps past Kiowa. West of there is fine.
Old    midwest_boater            04-18-2003, 11:05 AM Reply   
Brad, were you out on Clinton the next day?

I was in school when Larry Brown left, and we thought that was the end of the KU program. But it turns out that change is good. We'll be better because of it. Bill Self owns Missouri, and continued dominance over K-State won't be a problem.
Old    aka Bradley Beach            04-18-2003, 11:27 AM Reply   
No I wasn't out at Clinton, but some of the guys we were with on Sat went to Clinton.
Old    swass            04-18-2003, 11:35 AM Reply   
You don't like clumps of grass and dirt? What's wrong with you?
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-18-2003, 12:07 PM Reply   
Oh, and Swass, I forgot, we have more than 1 lake per 10000sq. miles!

The bad thing is I'll probably be making these same Kansas jokes in 5 years.