Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-06-2006, 7:11 PM Reply   
I was online and came across bluewater boats. Anyways they have like a wakeboard edition and on the site thers a pic of a wakesurfer and doesnt look to safe to me. Here's a link http://www.bluewater-boats.com/mirage.html
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       08-06-2006, 11:51 PM Reply   
wow somebody needs to sen them the picture of the hand chewed up by an i/os prop
Old     (tantrum916)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-07-2006, 2:49 AM Reply   
Ya Reneil advertise wake surfing behind their boats as well. Pretty dumb if you ask me. Personally I like all ten of my fingers and toes and would like to keep them.
Old     (mars)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-07-2006, 3:20 AM Reply   
Hit the contact link in the above post--I am surprised that Kal Kustom is associated with this... they deal with Centurion, arguably one of the better boats for wakesurfing and one of the more active manufacturers in wakesurfing advocacy.
The Mee-Too boats will get the sport banned when the accidents and lawsuits start happening.
What's next? a wakesurf edition SeaDoo?? We already have pontoon boats with wake towers.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-07-2006, 6:25 AM Reply   
SeaDoo has had wake boats out for a few years.
Upload
It looks like the Bluewater boat has an extended swim platform to cover the outdrive. Doesn't exactly make it safe. Also the pic of the surfer doesn't show the boat, so who is to say it was taken behind the mirage
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-07-2006, 7:32 AM Reply   
I sea doo jet boat would be super safe for surfing!

(Message edited by wakeslife on August 07, 2006)
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-07-2006, 9:14 AM Reply   
I could see a major lawsuit when someone gets cut up by that prop. You'd think theyd have more comon sense than to put a pic of that.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-07-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
I emailed the contact, and got the following response almost immediately:

Trace thank you for bringing this picture to my attention. I have been wake-surfing for 5 years and we do not condone surfing behind Inboard-Outboard boats. I have contacted our web host to replace this picture with the wake boarder picture that was supposed to be there. I have been involved in the safety regulations in Oregon involving wake-surfing and banning teak-surfing. I again apologize for this error on our web site and thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Joel Memmott

Director of Marketing

Kal Kustom Ent.
Old     (cawakeboarder12)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-07-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
Nice wake surf behind that boat with the out drive that sticks out 3 feet behind the boat. people are crazy
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-07-2006, 8:30 PM Reply   
Nice work, now some hot model chick who brags to all her friends that she's on a website is going to have her picture nix'ed for some dude doing a Wake-to-Wake jump..

Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-07-2006, 8:37 PM Reply   
Nice job Trace, you may have saved a lawsuit which would have ruined wakesurfing for us all!