Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-19-2012, 6:11 PM Reply   
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...comm_ref=false

she should stick to what she knows... marrying closeted gay men
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-19-2012, 8:38 PM Reply   
whoops iPhone cut me off. Meant to say props to McCain!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-20-2012, 6:51 AM Reply   
They are doing the same asinine things here in TN. I am starting to see what the 50's and 60's were like here in the south. Instead of blacks, though, it's muslims.

If anyone wants to know why I am not a conservative/teabagger/repub., well here you go. The punchline: Governor Bill Haslam (of Pilot Oil) is a republican.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....=2012307160068
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-20-2012, 7:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
If anyone wants to know why I am not a conservative/teabagger/repub., well here you go.]
and because they won't let you in...
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-20-2012, 7:31 AM Reply   
Bachman is a real POS.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-20-2012, 8:10 AM Reply   
wait, it's not okay for her to make accusations on wiener's wife, but it is okay to accuse her of being married to a closet gay? hmm. Or to say this asinine behavior is why one is a liberal, and immediately call folks on the other side "teabaggers". hmm. you guys are morally superior, huh? Jeremy, by your logic you should be politically agnostic not liberal because i'm sure there is a direct 1:1 ratio of the goofy things "repubs" say to what liberals say that is equally goofy.

you can call her an idiot or POS, but don't pretend to be any better.

Last edited by snyder; 07-20-2012 at 8:17 AM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-20-2012, 8:34 AM Reply   
^LOL @ defending Bachmann. I guess now Obama going to have to stand in front of Congress and admonish Wes because we all know that Wes has a political platform that panders to mental midgets and is a figure in the public eye. Wes, what kind of fool are you thinking you could be President?
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-20-2012, 8:36 AM Reply   
^lol at thinking i'm defending Bachmann.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-20-2012, 8:49 AM Reply   
I've largely stayed out of the political threads on here for quite some time. More often than not, i type up a reply and then delete it before sending it because the opinions/replies on these threads has become so predictable it's not even fun anymore. no one on here is going to convince anyone else to see their point of view. Also as i noted in another thread, you've gotten way too quick to call someone stupid, idiot, mental midget etc.. you're becoming quite brave behind your keyboard. i'd really love to see you in a discussion in person w/someone with whom you disagree politically. and I sure as hell hope you'd be more civil.
but it's getting old john. you should calm your tired self down.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-20-2012, 9:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder View Post
I've largely stayed out of the political threads on here for quite some time. More often than not, i type up a reply and then delete it before sending it because the opinions/replies on these threads has become so predictable it's not even fun anymore. no one on here is going to convince anyone else to see their point of view. Also as i noted in another thread, you've gotten way too quick to call someone stupid, idiot, mental midget etc.. you're becoming quite brave behind your keyboard.
If you want to call me a Marixist Blankity Blank to my face, I'll be happy to call you a mental midget. However, I called Bachmann's constituents mental midgets. The only explanation I can think of for you believing that was directed at you is well... You know.

Quote:
i'd really love to see you in a discussion in person w/someone with whom you disagree politically. and I sure as hell hope you'd be more civil.
I'd be more civil because when you debate in public it's much harder to respond to a real discussion with some totally irrelevant response, which is what people like to do online.

Quote:
but it's getting old john. you should calm your tired self down.
It took you two posts to respond to my one, and I'm the one to calm down?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-20-2012, 8:43 AM Reply   
I don't think it would be unfair to call her a McCarthy-ist fear monger. Whether that also makes her an idiot is in the eye of the beholder.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-20-2012, 8:44 AM Reply   

Umm, not a question of accusation my friend. The issue is his (and her) unbelievable hypocrisy.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-20-2012, 8:56 AM Reply   
right wes. an embedded clip from a comedy show within the Lawrence O'Donnell show from politicalarticles.net Playlist: Republican Homophobia. Let's spend the day playing the distraction game. lets debate whether or not bachmann's husband is gay. let's get into the minutia of that. you have certainly read the playbook from your sides game plan. lol.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-20-2012, 9:09 AM Reply   
There's no debate son... And if you can't laugh at the absurdity that is the Bachmann's then I am concerned for your sense of humor!

The sad part is that this woman is an elected rep. Most politicians (r or d) are buffoons, but she takes the cake.
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-20-2012, 10:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
There's no debate son... And if you can't laugh at the absurdity that is the Bachmann's then I am concerned for your sense of humor!

The sad part is that this woman is an elected rep. Most politicians (r or d) are buffoons, but she takes the cake.
I don't know about taking the cake... Hank Johnson U.S. Representative for Georgia's 4th congressional district, serving since 2007, takes the cake.. Guam could tip over...

At least she thinks she is doing good...

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-20-2012, 9:51 AM Reply   
John as worked up as you have been getting lately I think we should all pitch in and get you "Life Alert."
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-20-2012, 10:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
John as worked up as you have been getting lately I think we should all pitch in and get you "Life Alert."
Awesome. Send it on down. I hear they double as a church key. Which is great because I don't drink beer with twist tops.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-20-2012, 9:58 AM Reply   
"Jeremy, by your logic you should be politically agnostic not liberal because i'm sure there is a direct 1:1 ratio of the goofy things "repubs" say to what liberals say that is equally goofy."

Whoever said I was a liberal? But the point of me posting that link, you have the teabaggers who central message is, "Get government out of our lives", advocating the government getting into people's lives. No wonder it is a lifeless movement.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-20-2012, 10:14 AM Reply   
No one tops this political genius:

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-20-2012, 10:37 AM Reply   
Johnson sounds like he's on drugs. He later said "The subtle humor of this obviously metaphorical reference to a ship capsizing illustrated my concern about the impact of the planned military buildup on this small tropical island,"
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-20-2012, 12:51 PM Reply   
Here's your worst of the worst...

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/daniel-...ist-and-moron/

A true embarrassment to Houston.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-20-2012, 1:09 PM Reply   
OK, now we've established that there are idiots in both parties.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-20-2012, 1:45 PM Reply   
then i declare "Mission Accomplished".
LOL. (yes, i'm aware of the irony in that statement. it was intentional)

that really was the intent of my whole contribution to this thread. we ALL hypocritically point out the hypocrisy of "the other side" routinely on this board. I couldn't care less about bachmann's husband. or really what she said about weiner's wife.

(BTW, i don't think i ever called you a Marxist blankety blank. and did not take the mental midget comment as directed at me)
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-20-2012, 1:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder View Post
(BTW, i don't think i ever called you a Marxist blankety blank. and did not take the mental midget comment as directed at me)
You claimed I called someone a mental midget.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-20-2012, 2:17 PM Reply   
" However, I called Bachmann's constituents mental midgets. The only explanation I can think of for you believing that was directed at you is well... You know."

i think, you thought, I thought, that you had. but i didn't think so.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-20-2012, 2:25 PM Reply   
Well then.... I can absolutely tell you... Yes, I would call Bachmann's constituents Mental Midgets to your face.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-20-2012, 5:08 PM Reply   
"Yes, I would call Bachmann's constituents Mental Midgets to your face."

That is an insult to midgets.