Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (hyperlite1622)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-21-2008, 1:27 PM Reply   
i have been seeing reed whereing those lime green shoes lately. someone said there the new fox addition but i cant find them in that color anywhere anybody know?
Old     (eviltweak)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-21-2008, 6:10 PM Reply   
they are fox i do not think they retail yet
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-22-2008, 5:03 AM Reply   
The will not release till Spring 2009. We have them on order...but I think the release date is April.

Bill @ Performance
www.perfski.com

There will be lots of options also with Nike 6.0 having 3 styles, reef 3 byerly's, and UGP.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-24-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
Is Nike 6.0 still doing the flashy colourway on the Air Mogans? (sorry about the thread jack). Hansen's shoes do look unreal though, rock those hard.
Old     (hyperlite1622)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-26-2008, 2:56 PM Reply   
yeah if i can ind them i want them and im going to chi town this weekend hoping the nike store will have some fresh 6.0s
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-06-2008, 9:30 PM Reply   
If its the Mogan Wake...we a a couple pair left at the shop...but you'd need to call to check sizes as they are scarce. 407-859-7544

These are 3 models that will be coming in the spring. I think they start in March or April.
Bill @ Performance..

Upload
Old     (hyperlite1622)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-07-2008, 11:42 PM Reply   
yeah i went to the store and didnt find anything but that middle pair is sick you say they come out in spring thats far if you could throw a post up when you are getting ready to put them on the floor i will certainly buy the fox addition and that middle 6 whatever it is
Old     (lakehippie)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-09-2008, 7:00 PM Reply   
What's out there for girls? I want some flashy kicks for next season, i dig the Nike6.0 but haven't seen much for the ladies... Any recommendations?
Old     (hyperlite1622)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-13-2009, 9:05 PM Reply   
hey bill do you happen to know what models those are
Old     (nautiques210)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-10-2009, 10:25 AM Reply   
Hey if you check the fox site now they are on there
Old     (wswb4lfe)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-14-2009, 6:58 AM Reply   
Those shoes on fox look sick i really want to try them sometime
Old     (nautiques210)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-14-2009, 10:10 AM Reply   
Ya i think im about to order me a pair
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-11-2009, 9:09 PM Reply   
I have the fox Ando shoe in my shop for sale. Got my personal pair in today.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-12-2009, 8:16 PM Reply   
Jon, save me an 11, I'll pick it up on the team ride day.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-14-2009, 11:45 AM Reply   
Abby,

maybe the ryan doyle shoe would be good?
there is a light grey with light blue one AND a white with grey one?

also Kampus KS2 shoe is white with red

maybe those colors would be to your and other girl's liking?

http://www.wakeoutlaws.com/media/teamoutlaw/ugpdoyle2.jpg
http://www.wakeskating.com/media/data/548/DOYLE_Shoe_med.jpg
http://image01.shopzilla-images.com/resize?sq=140&uid=556321966
Old     (lakehippie)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-15-2009, 1:55 PM Reply   
Jeremy,
Ya the ugp make some good shoes. I like the blue/gray. I actually just got some dvs dresden, size 5 mens ha! I love the colors, so we will see how they hold up for this season.

http://www.6pm.com/n/p/p/7157616/c/27382.html
Old     (dhv142)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-08-2009, 8:18 AM Reply   
i just bought the ando's and i must say they are very comfy. definitley worth the buy
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-11-2009, 9:18 PM Reply   
Abby the Dresdens were / are great shoes...wish they still offered them as they sold great. We finally have gotten in all three of the 6.0 models.
It will be interesting to see how the sales work out. The Cush has seemed to be most popular, but with the Marvk Mid in...and especially changing the laces out to the chartreuse (sp?) they've been sellign really well.
Still no read yet on the Ando's.....hasn't taken off yet. once you guys ride them...leave some feedback....always good to hear. thx

Bill @ perfski.com
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-15-2009, 11:45 AM Reply   
I'll go ahead and give a detailed review. I've gotta kill some time till Prom anyways.

I'll start off with some background. I've been wakeskating for four years now, and my problems have never come from finding a skate to fit my style, but a shoe to flick it around with. I have been through about every major brand, Including the Mesh DVS Volari, and most recently, the UGP Doyle 2's, which I skated on all last season up until my last tournament at the INT nationals.

I was very pleased with the performance of the UGP Doyles, but was repeatedly dismayed by how much water they absorbed. It was almost to the point of annoying, and made it harder to time the proper release on tricks like Kickflips and Big spins. Although they were comfortable, I wanted to start out on a different foot (No pun intended) this year. The shop I ide for picked up Fox, and so it was the perfect time to try out the new kicks.

After recieving my pair, my eyes were first drawn to the grip and thickness of the sole. It has to be 3/4's of an inch thick of rubber. This made me nervous, as they seemed unusually tall, but the tread had a nice, almost perfect width, which put me at ease. Also, the colors are quite nice, and the shoe is extremely comfortable, and very breathable. It was lightweight, and felt like an old worn in pair after only a few minutes of walking around. The next week, we broke out the boat, and I picked up my 09' Zariel, and hopped in the water. Immediatly, all my doubts about the sole being to thick to feel the skate were pushed away. I had a very good sense of where my feet were, and had a good connection with the skate itself. I popped off the inside out roller, and braced my feet for the landed, but it was abnormally comfortable. Obviously Fox did some fantastic work with the footbed, because it cushioned landings like pillows, while providing an excellent feel to the board. As I started warming up and doing some wake to wake spins and grabs, I noticed how well the shoes gripped the board. Landings were incredibly stable, and felt just as if not more stable than my wider based UGP's.

Then came the next test of these shoes. They had proven to have a very solid grip, but could they have a quick, weightless release as well? expecting the best, I pulled out into the flats, stomped, and caught one of the nicest 3 shuvs I have felt in a long time. the shoes felt weightless on my feet despite having been in the water for over 20 minutes at this point, and the release off the board was superb. I was also quite impressed by how tacky the shoes became once it was time to catch the skate, and they hooked it almost as if it were covered in velcro. I did a few more re-entry shuvs and three shuvs before calling it a day, very pleased with the overall performance of the shoe. The next week, i'd be heading to the cable park, and looked quite forward to seeing how it would perform there.

After arriving at the newly opened MAWI cable park in Oklahoma City, I was immediatly greeted by the owner and his staff (All of which are awesome). I immidietly saw a wakeskaters paradise. Long flat boxes, up to flats, and smaller kickers. I knew this was the perfect place to check the rail performance of the shoes. I tooke off the dock and slashed around for a bit, and then immediatly charged the flat box. I hopped on, and slide it for a bit, and then immidietly started doing 180's and attempting 270's out. The shoes continued to impress me, giving not only an excellent feel of the skate, but how it was responding to the rails. it was that "soul feeling" that skateboarders always talk about, where a good shoe gives you an excellent feel to the board, and you almost feel attatched to it. Through out the rest of the weekend, the shoes continued to impress me. Shuv-outs of rails came with ease, and the landings were soft and stable. I took these home knowing I had found the perfect shoes my my riding.

All in all, I give these shoes a 9 out of 10. My only gripe would have to be the colorways, or lack there of, but I can forgive that, as you have to establish sight recognition of the shoe before offering it in different colors.

Feel of the skate: 10/10
Grip: 9.5/10
weight: 8.75/10
release off the skate: 10/10
attractiveness: 10/10

Fox has outdone themselves, and after this shoe, I look forward to them pumping more wake specific products out into the market.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-15-2009, 1:50 PM Reply   
Caleb,

You know the Zariel does magical things for your feet and of course this includes what is on your feet (shoes).

No, for real, I'm rocking the Ando shoe as well. I can't see myself wearing any other shoe unless Fox comes out with something better.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-15-2009, 1:52 PM Reply   
Don't you have a wedding to be at or something?