Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (petertjr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-11-2005, 10:33 AM Reply   
What binding company offers the best warrenty?
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-11-2005, 2:00 PM Reply   
hyperlite & cwb
Old    jayh            01-16-2005, 11:24 PM Reply   
I have all kinds of equipment for my watersports school and most is hyperlite. Even when items are far out of warranty, Hyperlite has fixed them for me. My personal bindings (2001 byerly's) ripped this summer, I called my shop to order parts. The parts came in within a week. Much to my delight Hyperlite did not charge not even for the shipping. I'm not saying they will do this everytime but a company that stands behind the product like that has to be good.
Old    murrayair            01-17-2005, 12:17 AM Reply   
HL's got a great reputation for customer service, that's for sure.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-17-2005, 8:42 AM Reply   
I hear CWB has a really good one...I've never had to warantee my bindings so not sure..
I can vouch for Hyperlite. The have a great warantee policy due to the fact that they get so many problems. I returned my Parks three times one Summer and they were fixed for free every time. I missed ten days of riding per time though..
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-17-2005, 8:57 AM Reply   
I personally think your board shop has a lot to do with this.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-17-2005, 11:44 AM Reply   
I agree with Jarrod, and personally I've have great dealings with my shop and liquid force.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-17-2005, 2:38 PM Reply   
CWB's is really good. Not just the fact that they respond very quickly but they also have a TWO year program, I believe most everyone else has a one year system. As a shop goes, you fix it once, if it breaks again you replace it ASAP & don't make the customer deal with it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-17-2005, 4:00 PM Reply   
I believe the warranty on CWB boards is one year also. No?
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-17-2005, 9:06 PM Reply   
Hyperlite Board and Bindings

http://www.hyperlite.com/html/contact/contact_caq_inc.asp

(Copy and Paste... sorry for the CAPS)

IS MY BOARD/BINDING UNDER WARRANTY?
WE HAVE ALWAYS PRIDED OURSELVES IN CRAFTING THE MOST INNOVATIVE AND QUALITY PRODUCTS IN THE MARKETPLACE. ALL HYPERLITE PRODUCTS ARE OFFERED WITH A LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY. LIMITED MEANS NORMAL USE. GOING OVER HANDMADE KICKERS/RAILSLIDES ETC. IS NOT NORMAL USE. THE BOARD ACCIDENTALLY FALLING OUT OF THE BOARD RACK IS NOT NORMAL USE. DROPPING THE BOARD ON CEMENT IS NOT NORMAL USE. NORMAL USE CONSISTS OF INTERACTION BETWEEN A BOARD AND ONLY WATER. THIS IS THE SAME FOR BINDINGS AS WELL. IF A PRODUCT IS DEFECTIVE FROM NORMAL USE PLEASE CALL OUR WARRANTY DEPARTMENT AT 800.938.4040.
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       01-18-2005, 5:24 AM Reply   
cwb's warranty dept. is good. i blew out my zeus heel wrap last season and new parts were shipped directly to me within a few days, including an extra one for the other binding incase it happens to that one too.
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       01-18-2005, 8:40 AM Reply   
The overlays on my 2003 Belmonts were starting to rip. Hyperlite said that they were backordered for so long that I should have my dealer send them in and they would retrofit them with the Temet overlays. They replaced everything except the footbed.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-18-2005, 10:28 AM Reply   
I have had good experience with both HL and LF. I broke a pair of LF ultra sucs this summer and had them replaced no prob and a split the edge on my premier and HL sent me a brand new 05.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-18-2005, 11:12 AM Reply   
Here's CWB's policy in writing.

2-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: All Connelly Skis, CWB Wakeboards, and bindings are warranted to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two years.
*Excluded in the limited warranty is damage due to misuse, improper care, torn finger holes on bindings, freight damage, handle impact damage, and bottom abrasions.

LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY: If any Connelly Ski or CWB Wakeboard fails due to defective materials or workmanship after the original warranty period, it will, at manufacturer¹s option, be replaced at one half the current retail price, or repaired at cost. This limited lifetime warranty is in effect for as long as the original owner keeps the ski. It is not transferable. Damage due to misuses or improper care is excluded.

Now that's a warranty! Even if after two years it falls apart they will still make some amends & help out.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-18-2005, 5:50 PM Reply   
That is good... but not as good as HL.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-19-2005, 10:17 AM Reply   
Hey Tim -

I've been talking to someone at HL over email about my 2003 Belmonts and the ripped overlays I have as well. They've told me they were backordered since the beginning of December when I first contacted HL, but they assured me a week ago that the overlays were arriving from China soon, and they would send them out to me.

Do you think I should call the Warranty dept directly and push for a deal like yours? How do you like your new Belmont/Temets? How long did it take to get them back after sending them in to HL?

Thanks
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-19-2005, 11:05 AM Reply   
And that is Hype's main problem it takes forever to get your gear back, Liquid Force does the same thing. Honestly you guys should go to the dealer for warranty issues. They should replace/fix it on the spot.