Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (vDanglz)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-12-2013, 8:14 AM Reply   
If anyone has a used slingshot (preferably reflex or hooke) but any are fine, or a hyperlite board that is used i am in need of a new board, bad! idc what year as long as its relatively new. I need it to be around a 138 and no higher than 142.
Old     (Cpark)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-12-2013, 8:19 AM Reply   
I have the Hooke and its a pretty heavy board and you have to edge hard with it so maybe look at a obrien
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-12-2013, 8:29 AM Reply   
slingshot will certainly make you pay for bad habits.
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-12-2013, 8:31 AM Reply   
i've got a 12 138 slingshot recoil with only 5 rides on it that i'd be willing to turn loose of. message me if interested
Old     (vDanglz)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-12-2013, 8:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
slingshot will certainly make you pay for bad habits.
Are you guys saying you dont like slingshots? could u explain a little more
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-12-2013, 8:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpark View Post
I have the Hooke and its a pretty heavy board and you have to edge hard with it so maybe look at a obrien

Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-12-2013, 8:52 AM Reply   
i love slingshots. Pretty much the only brand that everyone I know rides. I'm selling my 138 to get a 142
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-12-2013, 9:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by vDanglz View Post
Are you guys saying you dont like slingshots? could u explain a little more
no i love it, i am never going back to anything else.

what i am saying is that if you arent a pretty solid rider you COULD struggle with one. I came off a Ronix one, the thing would basically edge and pop for you. it was tight, i grew to hate it. jumping on to a slingshot kine the board doesnt edge for you, it doesnt pop for you, and its loose. You have to be in the drivers seat on one, and make the board work for you. If you don't have a good progressive edge, pop, turn in etc. it will be very apparent after a couple of sets (flex does take a little getting used to, and the landings... oh the landings are butter)

everyone has a different style, slingshot/flex just fits mine well.
Old     (Cpark)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-12-2013, 9:44 AM Reply   
No i love my slingshot its a great board but im just saying the Hooke i kind of heavy so maybe something other than the Hooke
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-12-2013, 9:59 AM Reply   
I love love love my Hooke no way am I looking to get rid of her!!!
Old     (wake_cbus)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-12-2013, 11:04 AM Reply   
I've got a Hyperlite 2012 138 Union that's like new if you're interested.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-12-2013, 11:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Seriously, what did that even mean?
Old    Paxdad            08-13-2013, 5:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
I would like to know what that was intended to mean as well????
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-13-2013, 9:08 AM Reply   
What he (& I) meant was that statement was ridiculous. A heavy board does not make it hard to edge. Comments that are uninformed make those that know bash their heads against the wall.
Old     (Cpark)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-13-2013, 11:37 AM Reply   
What i sai was miss leading i ment the board is heavy, nothing to do with edge but i was just putting it out there that the board is
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-13-2013, 11:59 AM Reply   
I know you guys are saying that the slingshots will make you pay and I for one will 100% agree with that. As a pretty crappy rider I switched from a watson to a reflex. It seemed like for the first 2 weeks I rode it that I spent more time flipping my eyelids back over. One thing I do love about it is it makes you realize your mistakes. I feel 100% more comfortable on any board after getting used to the slingshot. Plus yanking the fins off on a sunday afternoon after your body is toast still puts a smile on my face.
Old     (BullFish)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-13-2013, 3:35 PM Reply   
What do y'all mean the slingshot will make you pay? Sorry I am a bit new....
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-13-2013, 4:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullFish View Post
What do y'all mean the slingshot will make you pay? Sorry I am a bit new....
"make you pay"...like a drill sergeant. or some other strict teacher. They will force you to learn good technique. "make you pay" and the analogy i gave might not be the best choice of words, but i don't know what would be. Flex is just something you have to try. *** many of my friends who were just starting out wakeboarding like riding my slingshot more than a traditional stiffer foam core board... so don't think that slingshots and flexier boards are for advanced riders only

For me riding slingshot makes riding so much more fun. I like the playfulness of the board. i can press it out on the water (or on rails which i don't ride much) and slide and butter around. the pop has got a bit of a springy trampoline feel. landings feel softer to me (some argue otherwise).

choosing slingshot has some other benefits that may or may not matter:
-Made in the USA
-materials come from USA
-boards are made with green initiatives in mind
-wood is from sustainable forests
-Energy for the factory (moonshine manufacturing, owned by slingshot basically) comes from wind
Old     (chris_b)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-13-2013, 7:13 PM Reply   
I have two Slingshots. I have the Reflex and a Response. Coming from a CWB Transcend, I am loving both Slingshots. The Response is my favorite of the two. I agree with the opinion given about making you more comfortable with your technique. I am so much more confident with my edge and lift off of the wake. The ollie is insane off the response. I am totally pleased with Slingshot products so far.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-16-2013, 7:53 AM Reply   
I dont know how anyone could say a Slingshot board is heavy...

Your best bet is try a Slingshot board out at your local dealer. Once you ride one you will know right away thats its so much funner then traditional stiff foam boards.