Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 20, 2006

Old     (closer)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-29-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
I am so stoked my speakers have been installed along with my amps. Just wanted to show you guys why I am so happy. I have fitted two 800 watt blaupunkt amplifiers so each amp runs half of the system.

Upload
Old     (sk_centurion)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-29-2006, 10:40 AM Reply   
Mark that set up looks awesome! did you use a 9 pin harness when you wired your Speakers and lights? Or did you just run the speaker & light wire through the tower? I just got some lights and am trying to figure out how im going to wire them. Right now I have a 4 pin harness for the speakers and I was wondering if I should run a 9 pin so I can collapses the tower down with a quick connection like I have. Or just make sure enough wire is there when the tower collapses.
Old     (sk_centurion)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-29-2006, 10:41 AM Reply   
Sorry I kinda hijacked your post I am getting my winter project started.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-29-2006, 11:47 AM Reply   
I think you need more speakers
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-29-2006, 11:49 AM Reply   
Yea, I see some more room on the tower!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-29-2006, 12:58 PM Reply   
Jay you'll wanna use separate harnesses. use a min of 12ga wire for your lights. the 9 pin harness wire is probably 16-18 ga.(not big enough for lights) Also use a relay on the lights.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-29-2006, 2:45 PM Reply   
No offence is there anything that would cross the line of over kill? How much sound do you want to have behind the boat?

I suspect your going to piss of more than few people
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-29-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
Youre only gonna PO people if your a jerk about how you run the system. The times that I have really turned up my system (nothing close to this...) is when we are alone and during normal operating hours, regular day time.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-29-2006, 4:48 PM Reply   
Greg,

Come on down to California, this is nothing out of the norm. We have lots of boats running around with more speaker power than this.

My guess is that this is not going to push more SPL than any "pro" based system.

Nicely done, those Monster doubles are great like everything else they do. Congrats, you are going to love it.

Jay,

There is rarely a need to run more than four wires to tower speakers no matter how many there are, just do series/parallel/mono combos until the load impedence is correct. As Adam suggests run your lights in a different cable or you are asking for noise and overheating issues in your wiring.
Old     (sea_ray_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-29-2006, 5:02 PM Reply   
Turn it up Mark--nice looking set up!!

I am sure you know when you need to be considerate of others? I guess I should take some lessons on that subject-- I think it would make a good WW discussion thread-- the you pissed me off factor!!

One comment to add: Wiring for lights and sound should come from opposite sides of the tower. Noise can get into the sound system from lighting/electrical wiring when run down the same path as speaker/RCA wiring.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-29-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
I totally understand it looks awesome and sounds great too... but when are you really going to use that much sound..... sound travels over water fairly well to begin with..
Old    mendo247            11-29-2006, 6:14 PM Reply   
sweet setup! that looks really good!

for the record! i would never make make someone run a 1/2 mile down the hill to ask me to turn down my stereo because hes trying to have diner with his family! ben on the other hand is another story!!
Old    Ben Kerran            11-29-2006, 7:13 PM Reply   
Richard
We all know it was your boat that got him up from the table. I just made sure he finished his walk!!!! Shame on us for interrupting his 5pm dinner.

Mark C-looks great. When are you building the sub boxes
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-29-2006, 11:11 PM Reply   
Gerg, you need to take a trip to the delta on a big weekend like memorial day for instance. Then you will see some crazy systems. You ask why do you need that much sound? I ask the questions why not?
Old     (closer)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-30-2006, 4:18 AM Reply   
overkill???moi??? now I resemble that remark!!!!!

we are going to add another amp and some bass woofers!!!!! the sound is awesome and we do not piss anyone off. We board in the ocean so there is no one around to annoy. There are two boats who wakeboard on the whole island and no one else comes to where we ride except my bud with the other boat.

I have just come back from boarding this morning and it was amazing to have the sounds.

Both sides of the speakers run of seperate 800w amps and the sound is so crisp!!!
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-01-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
very cool :-) congrats. As Mike said, stuff like that is pretty normal out here in CA.

Mark, from the pic it looks like it is in salt water?
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-03-2006, 9:23 PM Reply   
that looks great but the money you spent on that system could have been spent on a pair of wet sounds and delivered more power and better quality than 8 polks