Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    jyoung            08-13-2010, 8:13 AM Reply   
Hey guys, i grew up on the lake, slalom skiing when i was 9, etc. Bought a wakeboard wayy back in 2000, a CWB swirl with some sweet sandal bindings, got some water time but would rather ski, cuz i was good at it. When i got to high school i quit going to the lake as much. When i got back to college realized id kinda maxed my skiing potential out, and its just tiring and not as fun as wakeboarding. so i wakeboarded some until college got super busy the past few years.

which brings me to now, i have graduated and plan on hitting the lake every weekend. I have a 1995 four winns 180 horizon with a 5.0 v8 in it. This winter i plan to put a tower.

Currently, with no tower, no wakeboard rope, and the CWB swirl with huge fins and sandals, i can, semi consistently land W2W toeside and heelside, W2W 180s. Surface tricks are super limited to frontside backside wake grinds, i cant even do a ollie 180. whenever i get the chance to board with real board behind my friends air nautique, get better quickly.

So with that being said i just purchased a new 2008 Hyperlite B-side and some 2006 Hyperlite murray bindings. Will i be ok with that? or do yall think the board is too advanced considering what i am coming from? any tips for the transition? any overall tips period with my setup?

im looking forward to having an actual rocker and not being locked into the water with huge fins though, im sure i will faceplant many times with my new board though
Old     (sodaksooner)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-13-2010, 9:38 AM Reply   
I went from a 99 hyperlite vero to 2009 bside with audio bindings. Just a lot slipperier, but a hell of a lot more pop. It has taken a while to get used to being locked into the board, but after a few months, finally starting to get comfortable. I still consider myself a beginner(took a lot of years off in between), and I am at about the level you are it seems. You should be ok. Oh, I am 43 years old so if I can do it, so can you.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       08-14-2010, 10:02 AM Reply   
That board sounds fine. Be sure and get a non-stretch rope too.