Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-10-2006, 7:27 PM Reply   
I know I saw a thread about this, but can't find it again. We have a Sanger V215 and the fuel vent is on the starboard. And of course, basically everyone we take out happens to be goofy. We just start end of last season with stock ballasts and about 5 in the boat. Decent wake, great to learn on. But of course we had to go and get another 1000lbs. Bought them in the off season so we have not tried it out yet.
Question is if the vent is starting to go below the water line, what can we do? Anybody come up with any fixes that are not radical? Could I fashion some extra tubing to the vent to keep it out?
Of course the other choice would be go to the port and ride backside or just learn to ride switch on the surfboard. May help my switch riding in general, I don't know.
Thanks for looking,
HD
Old    surfdad            05-11-2006, 7:32 AM Reply   
This might help, I potsed a diagram and links to anti-surge valves...not sure if the URL's contained in that post are still valid.

http://www.wakesurf.net/Community/Forums/tabid/54/forumid/2/postid/200/view/topic/Default.aspx

It's basically some extra hose with two opposing anti-surge valves. I'm not sure how effective it would be if the fuel tank vent outlet is submerged, however.
Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-17-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
Ok, thanks Jeff. We went this weekend and turns out the vent is submerged with stock and just 3 people in the boat. Looks like we must have had it submerged last season and did not know it. We started late in the season and probably really only had about 10 sessions. So, did we just get "lucky" or is it not a problem? Not sure what to do.
Hank
Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-21-2006, 4:47 PM Reply   
Well just got off the water after trying to learn to surf switch, which is regular for me. Hated it. I have to ride goofy! So what can I do besides the anti surge valve thing? Link did seem to work Jeff but thanks anyways. What do you think about getting some tubing and stuffing it in, then running the tube up into the cleet to hold it up?
Hank
Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-28-2006, 3:28 PM Reply   
MOVE YOUR FUEL VENT
We had this problem and had to rebuild the carburetor after the gas tank took on lots of water. Move it forward, near the windshield area.
Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-28-2006, 4:25 PM Reply   
Larry,
How did you go about moving it? Did you do it yourself?
Hank
Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-28-2006, 5:00 PM Reply   
Leave the old one in place or cover the hole with something else. You can purchase fuel vents at any marine supply. Also get enough fuel hose, the same size as is in your boat now. Find someplace towards the front, like under the side windshield, which you can get to from the inside. Drill here for the new vent. Then run the fuel hose from the new vent to the gas tank. Remove the old vent hose from the gas tank and connect the new one there; using hose clamps. You will most likely run the new hose up under the side of your boat. Go the most direct route you can with no kinks in the hose. It is really very easy.
For anyone reading this, if this does not sound easy to you, let your boat shop do it.