Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-09-2009, 4:58 PM Reply   
Hey all Castaic/Socal peeps...
For those of you Castaic area guys, there's a new service place.
Roy Butera formerly of Castaic Boats and Fred Jochen formerly of Champion Watersports, have started their own place.
I knew Roy from Castaic boats and he was one of the best things about that place. His service is always top notch and he's a way cool guy to deal with. I've heard great things about Fred as being THE Mastercraft guy in the area so check them out if you don't know them.

At the Helm Marine
32170 Castaic Rd.
Castaic, CA 91384
661-295-9900
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-09-2009, 6:20 PM Reply   
Fred and Roy definitely know their stuff. I haven't had a chance to see the place yet but I spoke to Fred about it and it sounds like an awesome place.
Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-10-2009, 12:53 AM Reply   
Right after I posted that, I went to clean the boat up and put her away. I noticed one of the bearings wasn't holding its grease.
Roy knew I was on a tight schedule because of Easter weekend. I called him to find out what we could do, and I asked him how late would he be there..
His response was "How late do you need me to be here?"
I know they've been doing late shifts getting the place up and running, but to know that he'd wait for me so I could drop it off means a lot.
How cool is that?
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-10-2009, 10:47 AM Reply   
fred definantly knows his stuff, he's a good guy to. he'll pretty much do whatever it takes to make sure your boat is one on time, and done right, i would definantly suggest taking your boat to them if is in need of service.
Old     (fast_eddie)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-10-2009, 7:48 PM Reply   
Roy has been servicing my boat for several years. His work is top notch and he is a great guy.
Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-11-2009, 4:53 PM Reply   
It's good to hear other people like these guys too. Hopefully the word of mouth helps them get their place rolling consistently.