Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (fgcuwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-25-2010, 8:48 AM Reply   
Anyone ride the vibe behind the boat? poppy? fast? I want to get it to ride the cable, but i dont want two boards (cable board, boat board)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-25-2010, 9:39 AM Reply   
I've got a Vibe that I have ridden behind the boat once. It does pretty well. I haven't had a chance to really figure it out so I can't tell you too much. I would say that the board pops really well but accelerates slowly into the wake, it helps to ride a long line to build momentum into the wake.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-25-2010, 10:02 AM Reply   
Here is a vid of Gabe riding the vibe behind the boat.

http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=2676
Old     (fgcuwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-25-2010, 10:59 AM Reply   
ya thanks man, ive seen that vid and gabe def gets some rather large and lofty pop off the wake. Im just lookin for a few more opinions...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-25-2010, 11:05 AM Reply   
I rode it in rough water. It popped much better than I expected for a flex board. I could definitely ride it. The edging in rough water was tricky. Little loose, but in smooth water I'm sure it would be no problem.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-25-2010, 11:14 AM Reply   
its def stiffer than all of the other flex boards. its one of the best sliding boards ive ever ridden but i've been through a bunch of them already. the fins are cool but a bit long for my liking so i chopped them in half and liked it much more.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-25-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
jr, "i've been through a bunch of them already"

are you snapping them riding behind the boat or tearing them apart on rails?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-25-2010, 1:12 PM Reply   
I have taken 3 sets on a 142. The first set I loved it immediately. The only problem I had with it was that it wasnt the 147. I was riding a 146 Marek at the time, and I thought that board had more pop than anything Ive ever ridden. I didnt expect the vibe to have anywhere near the pop it has and I was riding the small one to boot
Old     (fgcuwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-25-2010, 2:43 PM Reply   
I second mitch's question...
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-25-2010, 3:07 PM Reply   
wake riding them. i only have a 142 though. i doubt they would go that fast if i had a 146.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-25-2010, 3:11 PM Reply   
i'm big too...6'3" 220
Old     (d4m0)      Join Date: Apr 2009       02-25-2010, 5:03 PM Reply   
theres another vid of gabe shredding on the vibe at brostock over here in australia

http://www.youtube.com/user/liquidnfilmco#p/u/0/yYEXipfD4HE
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-26-2010, 8:27 AM Reply   
Very nice, thanks for sharing that vid Damian, I had not seen that.
Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-09-2010, 3:47 PM Reply   
the 147 really is interesting. anybody else who's riding them?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-10-2010, 1:59 PM Reply   
We had a few demo the 136 and 147 at the Cable Park this weekend and they all loved the Vibe, it got great reviews.
Old    usfhookup            03-10-2010, 10:46 PM Reply   
Hey Zach....
Next time ur at mccormicks you can ride my vibe, its a 135 but there really wide boards... you will get an idea.... its a siiiiick board.... cable and boat... shoot me an email usfhookup@gmail.com
Old     (sactoshreder)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-11-2010, 1:21 PM Reply   
I was planning on picking up a vibe w/ answers package but after seeing this thread and the one about the answers it sounds like it wont last. I saw them at the shop and they looked sick and was close to picking it up. Good thing I checked out this site first so I didnt get stuck with faulty gear. I love my old faction/faction set up but I want to upgrade, but now have to start from square one.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-11-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
Doug, I wouldn't be too worried about breaking boards. Find a board that you like the ride of and let warranty issues sort themselves out. It sounds like you have a shop that sells the goods, support them and they will support you. The other thing is, JR is a beast, ask him what boards he hasn't broke.

I've been riding CWB for 6 years and I ride a lot. In that time I have broke one board, ironically it was a Faction. And their boots have been consistently bombproof so there is that. So if you like the ride of the Vibe I'd say go for it. As someone who also rode the Faction I would strongly suggest you check out the Transcend. And if you are ever down south I'd be happy to let you try any of my decks.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-11-2010, 1:57 PM Reply   
We have not had any issues with the Vibe or the 2010 answers.

I am riding the 2010 Answers and they are rock solid!!
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       03-11-2010, 2:19 PM Reply   
We had a small batch of Vibes that had a different core than the 2010 production model. I'm positive that JR received a couple of these. We beefed up the CNC'ed foam core from the Vibe 1.0 and currently we are not having any significant issues w/ warranty. I'm directly responsible for product going to our athletes and can assure you that the production board is good to go YO!!!! Pick one up from CM @ the SAC boat show this weekend!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-11-2010, 3:35 PM Reply   
i definately was on the first batch. joel was droppin a 12-15' ledge this weekend on the 140 and it didnt snap...the new ones are solid...
Old     (AndrewMulkern4)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-14-2010, 7:30 PM Reply   
Should we worry about buying the faulty boards from a pro shop? cause I was planning on buying a vibe and now i'm worried about getting a faulty one.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-15-2010, 9:06 AM Reply   
I know this video has been up. But once you get to the riding stuff you will see Tony Riding the VIBE. he loves that board. He will be riding the vibe this year on the tour.
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       03-15-2010, 12:35 PM Reply   
No reason to worry - this first batch of decks did not go to dealers. We send out lots of boards for testing (to a wide range of riders, including many on WW), etc. which come from R&D, not production. That is why the gear from CWB comes straight correct! We put them thru the wringer for you - so when you walk in to purchase a new board you know you are getting the best product available.
Old     (AndrewMulkern4)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-15-2010, 5:30 PM Reply   
aight thanks that makes me feel awesome.... the vibe it is!!!!