Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (trakkerguy)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-16-2009, 12:41 PM Reply   
Is anybody using the Trakker Camera Mount at www.wakevideo.com? I'm looking for feedback on the product.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-16-2009, 8:16 PM Reply   
I have one. dont use it much. the arm doesnt stay attached to the body well. maybe if there was a plate welded to the arm and then that was attached it would work a little better.

great product, just not very robust.

btw, might be looking for a new set of inserts for the clamps, since my new tower is thicker. is it possible to get them?
Old     (trakkerguy)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-17-2009, 5:57 AM Reply   
DJ, email the contact on the Contacts page of our website and let me know the details about what you need as far as the inserts, which model you are using and the size of the tower bar. I will be glad to help you out.

As far as the arm problem, are you using a model older than 2007? I think we worked out most of that issues with the new model. Our new models are a nice looking polished aluminum. When you send the email I will see if I can help you out with the arm issue as well.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-17-2009, 8:39 AM Reply   
thanks Bryan. I would love to use it more. Mine is the air trakker pro. I dont remember when I got it, but the arm is bent in a U shape and squezed between two washers via 2 hex screws. Not sure exactly what was going on, but they kept loosening up and the arm would pull out.

Other than that, its a brilliant product. the momentum driver is great.

Ill send ya an email via the contacts. Thanks!
Old     (trakkerguy)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-24-2009, 4:32 PM Reply   
We added a larger washer and two stop nuts to address the problem you are having.

Thanks again for the feedback and let me know if you have any other questions.
Old     (trakkerguy)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-24-2009, 4:51 PM Reply   
I wanted to give people a little insight to what Bryan, the inventor, had in mind when designing the Trakker Video Camera Mount.

First, he saw a need for serious skiers to view their sets and critically examine their technique. We believe the most productive use of the Trakker is to help a skier improve his performance and increase their competitiveness. We believe all competitive skiers need to video and review themselves to get to the next level.

Second, the Trakker is a great tool to get the younger skiers into the sport. They will benefit the most from the Trakker if they find they have an affinity for the sport. They'll enjoy showing their friends their “mad skills” on the lake. It is a great advantage to have access to a tool like the Trakker when you start a sport at a young age. I would like nothing more than to hear of a champion skier who had one of our camera mounts on their boats as a child and then grew to become a world class skier.

Third, for the ski and wake board instructor the Trakker helps show and explain good and bad technique. They can offer video of their student's strengths and weaknesses. It is a great visual aid.

Lastly, and probably the most important, just for the enjoyment of the sport. Every one can enjoy having videos to capture the fun of skiing and wake boarding.

www.wakevideo.com

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (trakkerguy)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-28-2009, 7:13 AM Reply   
This is some feedback a customer gave me regarding camera choices for use with, or without, the Trakker Video Camera Mounts. I though it was great information, including video, so I wanted to post it ASAP. I am just going to quote the email verbatim. The second video is a very good comparison of two different camera types. Great Information! Thanks Derek:

“I was able to get my hands on a HD video camera with a 3CCD sensor and let me tell you.. night and day difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FZ1tOgjCfk
(didn't align the mount right for surfing, so you can see most of the footage got cut out... but you can see there is no horrible vibrations anymore)

You should also mention on your site, that users only use 3CCD/CCD sensor cameras, not ones with a CMOS sensor.. check out the following video I made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSWDP1Tsj1Y