Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-11-2008, 8:22 AM Reply   
My buddies seem to be cutting back on boarding. No one is going out during the week anymore. I have to trailer my boat to the local spot...but don't have the ambition to get it out bring it back and put it away when done. I should also mention..wife is going to school full time and I am basically a single dad for a while until she is done. So kids plus trailering boat...equals difficult. Weekends have been shot with weddings...reunions..etc. etc. So have I lost it? Should I be buggin the friends to get off their butts? I took my kids with me last year, no problems. I think they are reserved because of gas prices over 4. But I always paid good..so I don't see that as the issue. Anyone else experience this recently?
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-11-2008, 8:05 PM Reply   
sorta in the same boat LOL. ever since i had to pinch my crew for gas money they dont ask to go much anymore. so most of the time its just me wife and my daughter she is 7 and loves to kneeboard and i got her on the surfboard last weekend with me and she loved it. so im sorry to my crew but if you wanna play you gota pay. i bumped them from 10 to 20 dollars and they stopped asking to come out so not a big deal more time for me and the little one. the wife will do some kneeboarding but thats about it. so i go out for 4-5hrs. on the weekends now and have a great time with the family. but i do know where your coming from but all it takes is my little one gettin all geeked up about going on the boat and its on!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-11-2008, 8:07 PM Reply   
GAs money, it's about the fam. thats all!

(Message edited by zuka666 on June 11, 2008)
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-11-2008, 9:35 PM Reply   
Scott your fine. enjoy the time with your kids heck take a neighbor. I spent many evenings with the wife and I and the kids swimming and jumping in and the tunes cranked on. Sometimes short and simple is best. Good times.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       06-11-2008, 9:48 PM Reply   
ya my crew from last yr really never chipped in for gas usually it was me my girl and like 2 more peeps.I had a way better job then so i always tried to spread the love. This yr i hit them up for 20 bucks and one of them thinks that entitles him to take two 30+ min sets with multiple falls each one, the other pal was reluctant to chip in 20 bucks but has realized it costs 80 bucks to go out for 4-5 hrs so he's a little better now and the other one has come out 3 times and chipped in 6 bucks total cause he says he's broke it would be differant if he didnt show up w/ a new 100 dollar LF vest he had just bought one day. I dont mind paying a little more than my friends but I am a frustrated coming back to my doc after spending 50 bucks or so and getting 2 15 min sets cause the tanks empty and i couldnt ride longer sets myself.

(Message edited by nsolis220 on June 11, 2008)
Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-11-2008, 11:45 PM Reply   
i will pay an extra 40 bucks a tank to keep may lake with rideable water. it has me wanting to go even more
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-12-2008, 4:24 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the encouragement. your right, it's all about the family. Last I mentioned I had to go somewhere in the truck(dont drive it often) to my 2yr old son. His words were to the lake with the boat.....I love going to the lake with the boat. That was awesome. So I am there this weekend for sure. Wish my wife was not soooo busy with school. She is on a 1 year accelerated program at MSU...and it's her first semester...ugh! So not much boarding for her this year. I will get out...just bummed that it is June and I only have been out once. That and my boat runs best on premium fuel..That is a big downer as well.
Old     (andytr32)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-12-2008, 4:42 AM Reply   
Man I feel you on losing all the good weekends to weddings. I've already lost memorial day weekend and 4th of July. People need to plan these damn weddings more accordingly. Using up all my long weekends when I actually have a nice place to ride, even on holidays.

I would just bug your friends more, If I had an opportunity to ride during the week, I'd be all over it. $20 is nothing, especially since you are providing the boat and tow rig.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-12-2008, 6:30 AM Reply   
I find things go in cycles......change is inevitable. I lost my entire first crew at one time and started kiteboarding.......as soon as I did that others started showing up....now we have a new but different crew. It to will come to end, enjoy it while its there .....and then of course your family as they get older and friends come.....well maybe a new cycle.