Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-11-2006, 11:20 PM Reply   
Please give me all your input, even the harsh stuff. Thanks.

Upload
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-12-2006, 6:53 AM Reply   
I assume you are either under-rotating or flipping very fast and over-rotating onto your boat?! When I take off like you (see early) I flip very fast and then can't stop flipping and fall on my rear.

I don't think there is a special tip or anything to fix this. You just need to wait longer to start your rotation. You're upper body is almost half way over and you haven't even left the wake yet. Try to take the trick more up and be perpendicular with the water upon take off.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-12-2006, 6:59 AM Reply   
Look at how vertical this guy still is right after he has already left the wake.
Upload
Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-12-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
You are right about the rotating very fast and landing on my but. I was unable to catch the whole sequence.

So question, In the picture the rider didn't let go of the rope until in the air. Should I be waiting for that step also?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-12-2006, 11:36 AM Reply   
You don't have to square up (let go with your back hand) that late like this sequence but doing it later may help you wait to throw the trick just a little bit longer. Think about taking off from the TOP of the wake and not at the bottom. So feel your board ride UP the wake and then throw it. Good luck! I have the same problem as you a lot of the time.

(Message edited by eubanks01 on October 12, 2006)
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-12-2006, 11:44 AM Reply   
Dustin - Here is a video of Kyle Schmidt's tantrums. He has IMO the best and most controlled tantrums out there. Just look at the video frame by frame and try to model his technique.
http://www.wakeworld.com/TrickList/TrickTip006a.asp

(Message edited by eubanks01 on October 12, 2006)
Old    alanp            10-12-2006, 7:22 PM Reply   
pretty easy fix. wait until you feel the wake kick you up before you throw your head back/initiate the flip and your problem will be solved. youre just flipping way to early as jarret noted. keep every thing else the same just wait a little longer.
Old     (marbles)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-15-2006, 4:05 PM Reply   
I think if you hit the wake in a more upright position, you would get more pop, more height, and a nice slow rotation. You should also be able to pick up the water pretty quick which should help your confidence. Just remember to keep the handle in tight and don't throw the trick until at the top of the wake. Hope this helps.
Old     (chad_chinners)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-16-2006, 10:12 AM Reply   
One trick that helped me out (and i still don't have great tantrums but it helped) is to look at the bank for a second before you throw your head back. If you have a trampoline practice on that and you will see what i mean. It kind of slows everything down for me and makes it more controlled instead of a really fast head skimmer tantrum.
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-13-2007, 11:20 AM Reply   
your not throwing it rite u want a really hard eadge and rite be4 u hit the wake swith to your toeside edge which will trip u and will basically throw the trik for u and this changing edge will also give u tons of pop also keep ur elbow tuked in close to ur body it will make u spin faster
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-14-2007, 5:44 PM Reply   
Do you know how to do a tantrum max? switching to your toeside edge is going to completely throw you off. You need to let up on your hs edge and stand tall. reading your few posts recently it sounds to me like you talk it up but really cannot back it up. not trying to be an ass
Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-14-2007, 6:47 PM Reply   
Riding ability aside, put some effort into your posts!! If you've got something worthwhile to say, make sure others can read and understand it.