Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-23-2011, 6:34 PM Reply   
Not really I guess, but there was a dead Winehouse, the tragedy in Norway and people being robbed... So I searched out an old hockey thread http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...ghlight=Hockey and was going to revive it, but I'll just start anew....

I LOVE being a hockey parent....even with the cost commitment.... The Little Man loves the game soooo much, it is fun just to watch him enmesh himself in something with such dedication. He's is going to be a Soph in HS this year and they're team is STACKED. Assuming everyone is healthy, I see a run at the State Title... The nice thing is, we are hosting the HS National Championships, so assume we will send a few teams to slaughter....even if they don't win the whole thing. The STACKED part means the minutes are few in Varsity games for the LM, but he gets called up here and there and gets his shifts.

Anyway, here are a few pics from the past bit....

Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-25-2011, 7:24 AM Reply   
Great sport, thanks for sharing the photos. Dig that one of him defending down in front of the net.

T
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-25-2011, 11:48 AM Reply   
I do love me some hockey! Wish we had ice closer than two hours away, I'd love to be in a league. Best sport in the world IMO.

Also, tell your boy to put his damn mouthguard in!

lastly.... GO DUCKS!
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-25-2011, 12:13 PM Reply   
I'll play! My son, a defenseman, played on high school roller hockey JV & Varsity teams. Not ice, but it's still hockey.
Attached Images

Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-25-2011, 4:03 PM Reply   
Awesome pics and support of the "young-uns" you appear to be great supportive parents.

EJ. my curiosity is peaked as to why your kid is shooting off his weak leg (2nd pick)...shouldn't he be shooting with his inside skate weighted? That's how I was taught...(unless it's a 1-timer snap coming at your backhand of course). Just thought I would point it out as it would likely increase his release speed and ability to take snap-ers.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-25-2011, 6:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmx View Post
Awesome pics and support of the "young-uns" you appear to be great supportive parents.

EJ. my curiosity is peaked as to why your kid is shooting off his weak leg (2nd pick)...shouldn't he be shooting with his inside skate weighted? That's how I was taught...(unless it's a 1-timer snap coming at your backhand of course). Just thought I would point it out as it would likely increase his release speed and ability to take snap-ers.
Slapshop..... He is sliding in from the point, that puck is moving at him(you can see it is bouncing just a touch) ....

He has a wicked slapshot by the way.... You can see the kid at camp(pic below) getting out of the way, as opposed to trying to block it....

This is a goal, went 4 hole....

Two more, one of him, one of a teammate to give perspective...

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-25-2011, 6:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottog1979 View Post
I'll play! My son, a defenseman, played on high school roller hockey JV & Varsity teams. Not ice, but it's still hockey.
Great pics Andy!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-25-2011, 7:09 PM Reply   
I will add that the Little One may end up being the best hockey player in the family, she is a bit of a freak on the ice. Just back from the rink and we were stopped by two different parents asking about her. Scored the only 3 goals for her team(3-1 win) in a 9 and under "Start Smart" scrimmage. She is 6 y/o an will be a first year mite this Fall....

Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-26-2011, 9:31 AM Reply   
Right on EJ...that's awesome! That last pic of your girl is awesome...I am sure she will want a copy of it when she is older...I wish I had pics like that of my youth!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-26-2011, 10:22 AM Reply   
Great pics of all your kids...hockey wasnt big where I grew up as a kid. Hopefully your kids one day can turn their talent into professions.

I never played hockey but spent loads of time with the Stanley Cup when I worked for a NHL Stanley Cup Championship team.

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-30-2011, 8:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
I never played hockey but spent loads of time with the Stanley Cup when I worked for a NHL Stanley Cup Championship team.

That is AWESOME! Bet that was a fun time at work....

I get a FAIL for the pic and focus... For the life of me, I couldn't keep from shaking.... Maybe it was too much coffee, maybe the 2 hours on the ice at Stick and Puck with the kids....have no idea. But took 4 and sadly, this was the best one. I still thought it was fun enough to post.

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-22-2011, 9:58 AM Reply   
Few more photos on the pride and joys, because it is slow.....slow....slow.... But we are full on into hockey season....

This was a GREAT backhand that was just stopped....

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-22-2011, 10:00 AM Reply   

Hockey crowd after a varsity win.... LOVE this time of year!

Old     (spf2275)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-22-2011, 12:46 PM Reply   
My dog watching the Red Wings game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-17-2011, 1:33 PM Reply   
Few recent pics.... GREAT day on the ice for the Little One today, found the back of the net 8 times...

Some pond hockey...

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-17-2011, 1:34 PM Reply   
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-17-2011, 9:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
GREAT day on the ice for the Little One today, found the back of the net 8 times...
The great day continued, the LM scored the game winner with about 1M left in their game tonight.....

AHHHHHHHH.....damn it has been a good day in athletic arena......
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-30-2011, 9:25 PM Reply   
I hear ya EJ........There maybe a handful of Hockey players that are total asses.......One of the most down to earth guys in professional sports if you ask me.

Having played at Clarkson in College and then over in WHL(now AHL) back then for the Anchorage Aces I love hockey. I too am getting submurged with my little ones....7 and 5 both gilrs. The little one just broke her wrist at practice stepping on the puck and going hand first into the boards. Took it like a champ....didn't even cry. They both got their first one pieces for X-mas. I have shed a tear or two behind the bench coaching.

Name:  Hockey game 1122 enhanced.jpg
Views: 1336
Size:  54.6 KB

Name:  Hockey game 1110.jpg
Views: 1322
Size:  30.8 KB

Name:  2011-06-15_14-03-54_739[1].jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  86.9 KB
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-30-2011, 9:30 PM Reply   
Name:  2011-06-13_16-12-35_898[1].jpg
Views: 1307
Size:  149.9 KB

Name:  2011-06-13_16-12-17_169.jpg
Views: 1283
Size:  144.2 KB

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-30-2011 at 9:33 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-30-2011, 10:05 PM Reply   
And a couple of dad in the Annual Chicago Police VS Chicago Fire Charity Game. Mask came back on a little too late. Took a one timer in our game right to the mouth and lost 14teeth and fractured my jaw. DOH!

Name:  KJR_03-26-10.jpg
Views: 1293
Size:  98.5 KB

Name:  PDvFD_3-26-10.jpg
Views: 1251
Size:  57.5 KB

Name:  _015.JPG
Views: 1285
Size:  165.5 KB

Name:  _017.jpg
Views: 1226
Size:  43.5 KB
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-30-2011, 10:09 PM Reply   
Being able to ice skate with a stick and handle a puck as well...
Yeah you're already better than me!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-31-2011, 3:18 PM Reply   
Great pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Mask came back on a little too late. Took a one timer in our game right to the mouth and lost 14teeth and fractured my jaw. DOH!
OUCH.....
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-14-2013, 10:34 AM Reply   
Thread revival Friday.... In honor of the end of travel tryouts, being firmly in the first 1/3rd of Summer Leagues, getting ready for camps & loving every minute of it.... Here are a few newer pics of the pups....

Light um up!

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-12-2016, 11:09 PM Reply   
Some thread revival.... So the Little Man is playing for one of the best ACHA teams in the nation and the Little One is crushing for her 10U boys, 12U & 14U girls teams.