Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-22-2011, 7:38 PM Reply   
Tyler Hamilton Spills his guts on 60-Min's
Say's he saw Lance doing EPO ect, 60 Mins say's George Hincapie also say's Lance did drug's.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/05/...g-allegations/
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-22-2011, 7:51 PM Reply   
Hamilton was acting really wierd on the show. He kept looking away and his speech was not fluid. He really looked conflicted at selling out his good friend. I have to think that almost all of the top riders are doping after watching the show, not just from the US, but all atheletes from around the world that competed at the top level of riding.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-22-2011, 8:07 PM Reply   
Its going to be intresting how Lance responds to George Hincapie's words. In the past he has said the people saying things have a Ax to grind ect. George has been a very close friend, Lets see what lance says about George.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-22-2011, 8:45 PM Reply   
oh snap, not George too. Not that we should be surprised.... and I was the biggest tyler fan back in the day and then I cheered for floyd too....
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-23-2011, 12:58 AM Reply   
Its hardly a news flash that postal was on a program, Lance at the head, Ferrari at the wheel. It was how it was at that time all the big riders were super charged, probably the same now. Experts say climbing @ greater than 6w/kg is boarder line impossible natural and Lance was hitting 7 in his prime. What is incredulous is what a douche Lance is to market the lie, profit from the propaganda and aggressively harass the people who tried to let the true out.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-23-2011, 6:31 AM Reply   
Well.... Hincape seems to be distancing himself from whatever CBS says he said... and Lance seems to be pretty confident that what CBS is saying George said isn't accurate... wouldn't be the first time Lance has seemed to be boxed in...
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-23-2011, 7:58 AM Reply   
Dont know why this is news. Its no secret that Lance doped. However, there are only two things that will affirm it, a failed drug test, or his own admittance. There is no failed drug test, therefore he will never have to admit it.

He got away with it! He was a smart enough and well funded enough to beat the testing system 500+ times. Time to move on...
Old    bigdtx            05-23-2011, 9:25 AM Reply   
Got to be something more important for the gov't to be doing. All they are trying to do is catch Lance in a lie somehow and charge him with perjury since they have exactly zero evidence. If they're so worried about liars why not go after the wall street crowd?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-23-2011, 9:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Dont know why this is news. Its no secret that Lance doped
Jason I dont know if I can agree with that. Evere been to a Raido Shack? I don't know if corprate america would be plastering this guys face on anything they could sell if there was a major public perception that this guy was on drug's during his height.

I dont doubt that many insiders or people "in the Know" had a pretty good idea that he was on somthing? But I can't for a second think Lance became so popular while "Everyone Knew"

I think Lance has done a AMAZING job for Canser, and if he is to fall I feel sorry for all the Yellow Wrist band Mafia. And all hard core Lance supporters. I to want to believe in Super Human Power and what Lance did he did nautral, but I also remember wanting to believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause.

It was so easy to make Deamonds out of all the Euro's that were getting caught all while thinking LANCE was clean with the American flag wrapped around him. If he is to be caught I think their is Major Egg on the face. All that talk of the "French" We were made to believe the french were mad at us that we were winning the Tour de France and all there accusation were just sour grapes.

Sorry but its a sad day AGAIN for US cycling and Lance and the Whole Sport
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-23-2011, 10:34 AM Reply   
Sad day indeed. Lance's continuing insistence about innocence will make it even sadder. One of the The hardest parts of watching that 60 Minutes segment was Lance being interviewed, steadfast about being (testing anyway) clean while now knowing that it's pretty darned likely that he was doping at the same time. How do people do that without it eating away at them inside?

I used to watch Lance in awe and put him on a pedestal. While I respect his athletic abilities, I am no longer in awe. My disgust is growing...
Old    deltahoosier            05-23-2011, 3:38 PM Reply   
No egg on any ones face. He has not been caught in any drug test. All of those guys were doing it including the French so what is the big deal. Lance was tested so much and probably more than the rest of them. He played by their rules and won.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-23-2011, 4:20 PM Reply   
That he played by their rules and won is not the problem. That he outright says he did not dope or implies with near absolute certainly that he's clean and then built a career, a fortune and a foundation by selling this clean image to the public and corporate sponsors including the government is the problem. If there is any truth to the growing accusations, Lance Armstrong is not who he says he is. His reputation is heading the way of Tiger Woods' (or worse, the infractions being illegal). Watching the Armstrong image and persona unravel into the ugly truth will be sad and pathetic, just like it was for Tiger, Mark McGwire, Arnold Schwarzenegger, etc., etc.
Old    alanp            05-23-2011, 4:36 PM Reply   
doping isnt his problem, in fact im pretty sure its not illegal in the USA. the legal issue lance is facing is lying(perjury) when he testified that he has never used p.h.d.. there is no doubt in my mind he was doping and so was the majority of the peloton. during the that time period.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-23-2011, 4:46 PM Reply   
This stuff is all crap.

The rule should be -- what we test for and what we detect is illegal. Anything else goes.

People will game the system not matter what happens. If they don't they loose.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-23-2011, 5:24 PM Reply   
In last nights 60min show it was brought up that Armstrong gave a bunch of money either $20 or $200K to the Drug testing lab's to "Help Promote Clean Cycling" people are saying that Armstrong made 2 large donations like this to Drug testing Lab's and that the Lab's possabley gave US postal the secret's to fool or trick the test and thats why the US postal team never tested dirty cause they knew from the labs how to fool the test.???

Thats when they were claming Lance could get on TV and say "Where's the proof" He would say he has been tested 500 times and not once turned up positive. I guess if you knew how to fool the test and or the labs were in your back pocket you might be able to get away with it.

Yes Pro athletes on drug's = No new New's
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-23-2011, 6:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
No egg on any ones face. He has not been caught in any drug test. All of those guys were doing it including the French so what is the big deal. Lance was tested so much and probably more than the rest of them. He played by their rules and won.
Errr, let me guess, you didn't actually watch the doco? He failed the test for EPO at the Tour de Swisse 01 but got a heads up from the UCI and subsequently made a donatation of 20k followed by 100k to the test lab and viola B samples never tested, problem gone away. There is a lot more going on with Lance than just taking drugs.

Don't forget Marion Jones never failed a drugs test either......