Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old    jrl            04-03-2005, 6:43 PM Reply   
I am looking at a 01 Tige Fox edition 21V, the boat looks pretty slick, but I have heard a lot of negative feedback on the 01 21V hull mostly the spray pockets, anyone have any experience or feedback on this matter. I just dont want to have a boat that we might out grow or be dissapointed in the wakes if we want to go bigger, etc. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-03-2005, 8:13 PM Reply   
There's been a fair amount of discussion on this boat before, but I'll lead off for you since I used to own a 2002 21V rider's edition myself (I now own a 2005 24V Tige). The 02 had the same hull.

I loved the boat. The rap on the spray pockets is much exaggerated. They really are no big deal. There is a tiny amount of foam on the top of the wake. The wake otherwise was large and firm. I think the lip was cosmetic only, I never noticed a difference because of the slight wash. It is more if you weight the boat down heavily in the rear, I weighted the front more and considered the wake to be huge. I upgraded to have a bigger boat, not to get rid of the spray pockets.

(Message edited by talltigeguy on April 03, 2005)
Old    jrl            04-04-2005, 6:18 AM Reply   
Thanks talltigeguy
Old     (catdaddy76)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-04-2005, 9:46 AM Reply   
I am the owner of a 04' Supra SSV, but I almost purchased a Tige when I was looking for new boats. I liked everything about the Tige, but I just couldn't trust the boat for some reason. My gut just told me that it was not the boat for me. I looked at the new Tige at an 05' boat show and the salesman told me that boat didn't require any ballast at all to put out a HUGE wake. I then talked to a nautique dealer and his exact words were, "I guess you don't need ballast in a floating turd." Now understand that he was trying to sell me a nautique. You never know who to believe, but I read the new tige warranty and it seems to be really impressive. I recommend taking a demo and going with your gut!!
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-04-2005, 10:04 AM Reply   
what did they mean by saying "floating turd"??? i dont get what turd is.... (translation issue here)
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-04-2005, 10:12 AM Reply   
Turd = "Piece of Crap"
Old    jrl            04-04-2005, 11:05 AM Reply   
I plan on demoing soon, i am in the air force and deployed overseas and will not be back home for a few more weeks, so if the boat is stil there i am definitly going to take it out, I just wanted some opinions on that hull from others that might have had experience with it.
Old     (rkg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-04-2005, 11:25 AM Reply   
I have a 2001 21V Riders. I think the wake is a little nicer on the new ones (thicker, harder wake) but I see the guys I ride with do the same tricks behind the 21V and the new ones. It's all about what you get used to.

If I had a complaint about my Tige, it would be the tower. The tower moves more than I like (especially in rough water) Other than that, solid boat. Huge storage, rides smooth, plenty of wakeboarding capabilty for me...
Old    jrl            04-06-2005, 8:41 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input Keith....Do you wieght yours at all?
Old     (rkg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-06-2005, 1:23 PM Reply   
I have 350 in each rear locker and 300-350 in lead under the front seats. If I feel froggy, I will put a 550 sac in the walkway.

If you surf on the drivers side of the boat, I have not been able to get the wake real clean on that side. On the opposite side it is a nice surfing wake. Got to Tigeowners.com, look for Galleries (pictures). Mine is the one called Cheeky, it has some surfing pics in there.