Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    widerider            09-12-2003, 8:10 AM Reply   
OK, it seems like you would want the most of your weight in the back of your boat, do you acctually need to have alot in the front too? Will it affect the wake? Im sure it will help plane out faster, thanks
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-12-2003, 8:20 AM Reply   
It depends on the boat. It will affect the wake. I like most of the weight in the back because it usually makes the wake steaper. But, that's just the boat I ride on though. Could be different for yours.
Old    kali            09-12-2003, 8:24 AM Reply   
on our boat, a 2003 moomba lsv we found the following. weight in the back gives the wake hieght...weight in the front gives it transition. we like a "rampy wake" so we put 1200 pounds in back and 800 up front....its all about what you want, play around and see what works best for you
Old    widerider            09-12-2003, 8:37 AM Reply   
I dont have a real nice boat or anything, it just a 19' vip 175HP I/O, Im not sure if putting a whole lot of wait in the boat will help me or hurt me.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-12-2003, 9:11 AM Reply   
For a 19' boat, you should distribute your weight by putting 55% in the rear and 45% in the front. At least according to WBM...
Old    widerider            09-12-2003, 9:20 AM Reply   
think that will still make a pretty good wake?
Old    ridehyco            09-12-2003, 10:52 PM Reply   
James:

With an I/O you probably want to go with more than 55% weight in the back. I ride behind a 20' Cobalt 200 and run no weight in the bow. I run 2 side sacks beside the engine and then a 600 lb sack in the ski locker. Every now and then if you have too many ppl in the back the boat will dolphin a little bit. But nothign that cant be resolved by puttin a person in the front. I've only run into that problem when there's like 5 ppl in the boat.

I used to run the aforementioned setup with an extra 600 lb sack in the floor of the back just infront of the backseat. But with an I/O, get as much weight in the back as you can and then go from there. And of course always trim your prop up some: It will increase wake size a bit and clean it up greatly.

H
Old    luckychuck            09-12-2003, 11:09 PM Reply   
hey ride, can using to much ballast in the
rear cause any problems with water intake.
putting exhaust below the waterline? speak
ing of i/o's.