Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (dfrost733)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-23-2009, 4:12 PM Reply   
So Friday Chandler landed his tantrum, then did like 8 in a row and landed them all. Did one on Saturday in his run, then this week we go out and he has totally forgotten how to do it, although he says he is doing the same thing as he was. He is doing some kind of funky rotation and coming around sideways!I tried telling him all the things like: head straight back, square up..etc... He has tried about 5 or 6 and now feels like he has lost it. Has anyone ever had this experience of having a trick down and then not?
Old     (craig_f)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-23-2009, 4:18 PM Reply   
Every time out.
Old     (aussie_stu)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-23-2009, 4:56 PM Reply   
tell him to stop thinking about the trick and just feel it, I find alot of peeps we've had out over think the move and really struggle, but when they just relax and go for it they stomp it
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-23-2009, 5:09 PM Reply   
That's exactly what happened to my tantrum. I landed the second one I ever tried and landed about 5 more on the same trip. A week later I went out and couldn't do it. I then couldn't do it for like 6 months and I finally got it back. I was just thinking about it too much and trying to throw it way too early.
Old     (gsulawwake)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-23-2009, 6:23 PM Reply   
I had that problem earlier this year. I landed 18 of my first 20. Then missed them all. I figured I was 70-75 ft out and someone pulled the rope into 65. I think I was too close and did not have the time to make the full rotation. I took it back out to 70-75 and I hit it all the time again.

When I miss it farther out, it is always because I dont fully lay out for the trip flip.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-23-2009, 8:17 PM Reply   
I saw the video..awesome! Offer him $50 bucks, bet he gets the tanny back real quick
Old    K.B.C.            07-23-2009, 8:55 PM Reply   
that's wakeboarding for you. I've had tricks I could do solid totally dissapear. Seems like everytime I learn something new I lose something old. Good ol wakeboarding, gotta love it...
Old     (dfrost733)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-24-2009, 5:55 AM Reply   
LOL,I will try the $50!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-24-2009, 6:49 AM Reply   
Craig F = Hahahahaha! I loved that response because I can 100% relate.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-24-2009, 7:00 AM Reply   
The funky rotation is probably from him opening his shoulder up. Lots of speed, as I was once told by a Pro Rider "Speed is your friend" on a Tantrum. Make sure his shoulders are square and go straight up not back. Also thinking to much into a trick will hinder you, I am guilty at doing this...
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-24-2009, 12:20 PM Reply   
My friend learned it solid and has currently lost it. His rotation is a little funky... a little sideways... but I do not think that is the real problem. He is throwing it way to early and not popping strait up (more popping back into the trick) which is causing him to not have enough air time. I think if he had the air time he would not land sideways.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-24-2009, 12:57 PM Reply   
I think trip flip tricks are the easiest to lose. It is so much of a timing thing and it is easy to lose that. I've had tantrums off and on for 8 years. As of last night, they are back on!