Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    scoot            07-10-2004, 10:29 PM Reply   
hey guys, i need some of yall's opinions on a good pair of cheap bindings that are easy in and easy out that a bunch of different ppl can use, but still very supportive. any opinions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
Old    patrick_o            07-11-2004, 7:48 AM Reply   
i've got the splits their pretty good bindings
Old    mstar            07-11-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
second that
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-11-2004, 9:30 AM Reply   
I'm not sure what you mean by cheap, but the LF Alphas are a great bindings for the price.

SFH
Old    shareejeremy            07-11-2004, 11:57 AM Reply   
I love the alphas. Not bad on price, and pretty comfortable. We have a XL pair, and it has fit men's size 12, womens 9, mens 9, womens 7, and mens 10. For getting a lot of different sizes in for people learning, they are great.
Old    scoot            07-11-2004, 10:48 PM Reply   
What I consider cheap is less then $200. Do you think I would be able to get a pair of good bindings for that amount because I didn't really plan on getting new bindings but I don't think that I have a choice? The ultras that I have now are too much of a pain to get in and out of. How much does getting the overlays loosened help, because I'd rather keep the ultras and not have to buy new ones. I love the ultras but like I said its just too hard to get in and out of them.

Thanks for your opinions,
Scott
Old    cryft            07-11-2004, 11:22 PM Reply   
I got my Alphas for exactly 200, if you're willing to spend that much they sound right for you.
Old    scoot            07-14-2004, 11:59 AM Reply   
I just talked to a local shop and the dude said that loosening the overlays wont help in getting the binding on or off. I'm wondering if that's true or if they were just trying to sell me a new pair of bindings. Would loosening the overlays help, and how much?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-14-2004, 12:08 PM Reply   
Scott. it will most definitely help.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-14-2004, 12:31 PM Reply   
night and day difference
Old    scoot            07-14-2004, 12:42 PM Reply   
How much do you think I should get them loosened? they said it would be between $20-30 depending on how much I wanted them loosened.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-14-2004, 12:54 PM Reply   
doubleup luke wulf
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-15-2004, 4:09 PM Reply   
I hope you're kidding about the cost based on amount you want loosened. For one you can do it yourself no problem & two what kind of crap shop charges for loosening bindings? It takes like 20 minutes & if they sold 'em to ya & you aren't happy then they need to take care of you.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-15-2004, 4:19 PM Reply   
Yeah, that's jacked up if they charge you to adjust. Where's this board shop? I want to make sure I never go there.

Board shop employees stand around and watch videos all day anyway.
Old     (bradzass)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-15-2004, 4:20 PM Reply   
Dude don't stuff around with loosening and changing ultras, you'll never get them right, just get yourself a pair of alphas and charge it!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-15-2004, 4:29 PM Reply   
Scott. I adjusted my Ultras when I first got them. I still didn't like them, but they work better for some people than others. I would adjust them (it's very easy) if you still don't like them, sell them in the classifieds and get something else. Those are not hard to get rid of. I ended up doing this.