Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-19-2010, 11:07 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Zoh2JC_XA&feature=related

Just sick
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       02-20-2010, 3:44 AM Reply   
Damn... That is sick.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-20-2010, 7:25 AM Reply   
That kid is so rad. Great attitude. Living the life. Top of the game. Millionaire. I love watching him ride.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-20-2010, 7:25 AM Reply   
Ugh.... That is retarded... Is that a foam pit at the end?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-20-2010, 7:32 AM Reply   
Yes foam pit at the end, that's how he learned all his new tricks.

Red Bull does it BIG!!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-20-2010, 7:39 AM Reply   
SW rules! Such a good guy who loves his parents and pushes himself to the limit.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-20-2010, 7:47 AM Reply   
did anyone catch 60 minutes a few weeks back. Shaun and his half pipe were featured. They reported the kid pulls down $8 million a year. dang that is some serious scratch.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-20-2010, 9:12 AM Reply   
Have to agree SW is a great kid having a great time doing what he does. Reminds alot of Travis Pastrana. Funny thing is alot of guys who snowboard, skate, WB are like that. They get along because they love the sport and that is what draws people to it.I seriously hope he comes back in the next olympics. That last trick at the olympics, WOW!!! Who will be the first to pull that off on a WB?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-20-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQTodf1Oc28&NR=1
Old     (mbsteez)      Join Date: May 2005       02-22-2010, 6:28 AM Reply   
I actually hope he will give up competing in pipe and go on to other aspects of riding such as backcountry and filming like terje did, altho at 23 he's still got 10 good years ahead of him if he can stay healthy.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-22-2010, 10:10 AM Reply   
I saw one of the interviews at the Olympics and the dude behind the mic was asking Shaun a bunch of questions and one was did it pay well winning a gold at the Olympics. The look on Shauns face was pretty funny, he smirked but, kind of like he wanted to say "dude, do you not know how much I make a year?"
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-22-2010, 11:51 AM Reply   
So ummm, yaaaaa, Steve I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there, and yaaaaa, also could you come in to work early on Saturday? Mmmmmmmmmk great, thanks (just watched Office Space).
But yeah, in all seriousness, I hope he stays in pipe. He kills it, and he is having the Parks effect. He is so much better than everyone else that it forces the rest of the competition to really step up their game. Its accelerating progression of the sport. Which is sick.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-22-2010, 12:06 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gkst-HVznM&feature=channel

About the foam pit
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-22-2010, 12:53 PM Reply   
Accelerating the progression of the sport would require Red Bull to let OTHER snowboarders use Shaun's personal pipe. I can understand limiting the use of the pipe and foam pit just to Shaun during a Olympics year but if they (Redbull) really want to push the sport they will open up the pipe to all pro riders.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-22-2010, 1:06 PM Reply   
People have been doing private pipes and jumps for years. They just didn't document and market the heck out of it like Red Bull has with Project X.

It's getting old that these are new tricks IN THE HALFPIPE. They are not new off of kickers. Just little things that seem to purposely make the common person think it's more revolutionary
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       02-22-2010, 1:20 PM Reply   
if i were an up&coming or current pro competing in half pipe - after seeing SW's 2 finals run at the Olympics - i would find something else to compete in.
Dude absloutely DEMOLISHED everone & anyone who has ever hit a pipe. unbelievable - hits it like a video game. At least 8 feet higher than anyone - and doesnt bobble an inch when he lands. A MACHINE!
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-22-2010, 4:29 PM Reply   
Red Bull is one of the best things to happen to "extreme" sports, including wakeboarding with the wake lab, Adrift vid, and JD Webb's jump.

And White seems like a pretty grounded guy for currently being the best in his sport.