Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (nkrn8)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-12-2005, 3:22 PM Reply   
Ok, after breaking my ankle it is time to get a new pair of bindings. My only problem is that due to low income I have to get 04's. LF lover so it is between the transit and the minx. Here is the dilema: this I believe was the first year these binding were introduced and the minx were only lined with neoprene on one side. Being a short women I can see the advantages of have a women specific binding (shorter, more narrow, etc.) However, the transits are just an overall great binding... every one who has them, love them. I believe that this was also the year they were having problems with it tearing of the baseplate, even though I think this would be very unlikely to happen to me. Correct me if I am wrong. I can not decide. Any suggestions or imput would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-13-2005, 5:58 AM Reply   
My brother has the 04 transit and he has a lot of
problems with his ankles. The transit give him great ankle support. His binding are ripped by the baseplate. I have the 04 sphynx and love them....Wendi
Old                11-02-2005, 4:39 PM Reply   
The Minx would be a tad more comfortable...but also more loose and therefore a little less support. The Transits are good bindings for support and very comfortable. Your problem will be finding them because they sold out so many places. Try www.BakesOnline.com
Old                11-03-2005, 7:21 AM Reply   
I ride the LF Minx. They offer great support and are super comfy..the LF Sphynx are the same thing, just a different color. I think buywake still has a few pairs of the 04 LF Sphynx....
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       11-03-2005, 8:23 AM Reply   
I heard there were some problems with the 04 LF minx... This girl i know kept getting her foot cut with them, i don't know if this was a problem with her individual bindings or them overall but yea. I have the 04 sphynx and have never had any problems with them... I love them! Plus i like the colors better than the blue!
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-03-2005, 8:12 PM Reply   
I know youre looking for 04 bindings, but Ive had the 05 Sphynx (which I had to exchange cause they broke) and the 05 Transit, Both are extremely comfortable, but the Sphynx were much more flexible... so Id go with the Transits if you have a bad ankle
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-04-2005, 11:37 AM Reply   
My daughter rides the 04 minx and she loves them. No probs. and very comfy she says
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-08-2005, 1:41 AM Reply   
Have not seen Amay post for a while, but see her on my boat all the time. She got a smokin' deal on some 05 Transits (Camo LE's), and loves them. (She wants to be just like me)

She tried some Minx, but I don't think she really cared for them. She is a happy girl now sporting the Transits.
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-28-2005, 2:07 PM Reply   
I just got some Hyperlite Parks bindings for X-mas, have any females tried them. Thanks for the other posts, I may exchange if need be