Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       01-13-2014, 9:19 AM Reply   
Should be another great year this year!

We'll of course be there with MB. 22, 24 Tomcats, and 21, 23 B52's

There will also be:
Malibu
Mastercraft
Natique
Centurion
Supra
Moomba
Tige

Should be a great time!

Also, this year The show spills over to Monday as well. (MLK day, so you should have the day off!)
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-13-2014, 10:32 AM Reply   
Snap some pics to share with us!
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-13-2014, 12:10 PM Reply   
I'm gonna go. Hopefully they have a G21
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2014, 12:22 PM Reply   
The G21 will be there!

Come over the The Boat House Group booth and we'll show you the G21, the redesigned 210 as well as the SC from Supra with the Swell system and we have the new Moomba flow system installed on some models as well!

Going to be a great show and fun times in Chicago!
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-14-2014, 12:55 AM Reply   
I am planning to go! Can't wait!

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-17-2014, 12:25 PM Reply   
I went last night with a buddy and I am going again on Saturday with the family.

The G21 was definitely a nice boat, and seems to be extremely well thought out.

I went with a buddy of mine and throughout the show we couldn't get over how many of these boats seem to forget about the driver. Just sitting in the G21, it felt like everything was within reach, I fit comfortably around and under the console, I had a good place to put my feet that would also brace me as I would go over rollers, and I had good vision ahead of me. Seems like most of the other boats were missing 1 or 2 of these.

Also, the prices. Crazy. At one point, I dreamed of buying a new boat and designing it all. My wife and I are within the "target demographic income" for these boats, but I will never pay these kinds of prices. 56k for a tige R20, 68k for an Axis, 68k for an MB were the cheapest prices we seen. Maybe I am just less awestruck by the new boats than I used to be, but the difference between my X15 and a new X10 (its replacement) is about 50k right now. I just don't see how that is worth it.
Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       01-17-2014, 3:55 PM Reply   
It was good seeing you again dan. Sorry I didn't have time to really chat. Keep in mind you were sitting in a fairly loaded 21wb at the show
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-17-2014, 4:37 PM Reply   
I'm planning on hitting up the show about 5 tomorrow. First stop??? G-21 or F22?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-17-2014, 5:18 PM Reply   
Ill be there tomorrow. I have no money but its fun to dream
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-20-2014, 1:53 PM Reply   
Tried to go up Saturday but turned around. Horrible visibility, interstate traffic was moving at 33mph and my buddies family almost got rear ended. Would have been on the road for like 10 hours in the conditions. Have to wait till next year. The snow was probably a blessing in disguise, i'm still on crutches from knee surgery and the show always means a lot of walking.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-20-2014, 7:34 PM Reply   
I made it up saturday, roads were crap but i soldiered on. Here are some of the pics i took.

I was most impressed with the g's but i am biased. The ASR was sick, i loved everything about it. The malibu lsv was super nice also.

Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-20-2014, 7:37 PM Reply   

Sorry for crappy quality, phone pics.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-20-2014, 7:42 PM Reply   
I will say

The nautiques seats were smaller and more rectangular to fit more people.

The mastercraft flip over passenger seat was better than the nautiques slide out and flip up style.

The ASR was really cool with its rear board storage. The fiberglass around the cupholders on the gunwals was weak and flimsy feeling. Other then that it was great.

I was very impressed with the malibu and supra seating and comfyness.

I hated how the tower hits you in the chest/face when you get in the boat on the Mastercrafts.

I love the simplicity of the axis. If i was buying a brand new boat it would be the A24.

The centurion wasnt impressive. But im not into surfing.

Oh and i met Aaron Rathy and hung out in the ASR with Erik Ruck. That was awesome.

But i would still buy a G21 over the ASR. It just felt better engineered.

Last edited by brichter14; 01-20-2014 at 7:46 PM.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-22-2014, 7:39 AM Reply   
Glad to hear everyone had a great time!

The Supra/Moomba/Nautique display by The Boat House Group certainly drew in the crowds and kept us pretty busy all week.

Talking with all the other inboard booths, everyone was fairly positive and felt the show was an overall success.

We didn't do pre-2009 #'s, but by all accounts, people are buying at the show again.....regardless of pricing.