Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-27-2013, 7:23 PM Reply   
Anyone know much about the 01-03 wakesetter vlx ballast system? The front sac & pumps were taken out & I am having a heck of a time figuring out where the fill goes & where the empty goes? Where do the pumps mount? Anyone have a link to a schematic for this model?
Old     (wdr)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-27-2013, 7:38 PM Reply   
Go to "themalibucrew.com". There will be a ton of guys willing to answer your questions.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-28-2013, 9:18 AM Reply   
The front bag was in the ski locker and weighed anywhere from 350 to 400 lbs. when full. The fill pump was screwed directly into the ball valve and the drain pump was right behind the ski locker with a short section of hose into the bottom port on the bag. There was a third vent hose on the top of the bag. The placement of the drain pump is not a huge deal. You can use the Attwood Tsunami 800 ballast pumps for both. I would suggest either the Fly High Tube Sac or Fly High Rear Seat/Center Locker Sac to use as a replacement.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-28-2013, 6:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerwm View Post
The front bag was in the ski locker and weighed anywhere from 350 to 400 lbs. when full. The fill pump was screwed directly into the ball valve and the drain pump was right behind the ski locker with a short section of hose into the bottom port on the bag. There was a third vent hose on the top of the bag. The placement of the drain pump is not a huge deal. You can use the Attwood Tsunami 800 ballast pumps for both. I would suggest either the Fly High Tube Sac or Fly High Rear Seat/Center Locker Sac to use as a replacement.
The ball valve is not there. I have two brass handle plugs at the rear of the locker. Is one of those where the ball valve should be threaded, then the fill pump installed? There is also only one hole for the drain / vent. There is a Y adapter so one suggested it is probably used as both drain / vent and to just put a check valve on the vent hose?