Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-02-2006, 11:13 AM Reply   
ok so i consider myself a pretty good surfer, i started on the LF skimskate and thought it was great till i got my phase 5 prop. but there are things about the phase 5 i don't like. ive been riding the LF 5' a bit lately just cause ive been on other peoples boats and not had my board. i hate the slow reaction of the LF i love has fast the phase 5 is and how is slashes on the wake. the LF 5' is like turning a bus. but i can't spin on the phase 5 cause of the sharp rail. i can spin 360s on the LF, i like the rounder rails it has.

so basically i want a board with speed and that carves like my phase 5 but something with rounder rails that will spin like my LF, any suggestions?
Old    surfdad            08-02-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
You know what you want and have the skills, ever thought of having a custom board made rather than buying stock?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-02-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
yeah ive thought about cutting up and getting crazy with my 4'6" skimskate but im not good with glass
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-02-2006, 2:35 PM Reply   
We just bought the yellow loogey board and I love it. Very easy to turn and have come back from about 20ft. Lots of fun
Old    surfdad            08-02-2006, 2:41 PM Reply   
Glass isn't hard to work with. You can get everything you need at TAP Plastics or Fiberglass Supply online.

You'd be surprized at the cost of a custom board...folks like XBC and the Walker Project can make you one reasonable...Jerry at Shred Stixx can probably get you a semi-custom one. Pick a standard shape and he can tweak the length.

You'll be surprized at the performance difference in a foam and glass board.