Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-07-2005, 8:26 PM Reply   
first and foremost, thanks for the pulls, buzz! your boat's sick! and don't let anyone tell you different...you're a cool dude!

chris, nice riding, and congrats on the switch-3! your riding is so clean, i'm jealous. hell, you stickin' a new trick was super clean. congrats again!

alexis, steve, michael, great meeting and riding w/ you guys! alexis, see you tomorrow, bright and early!

great seeing mike (thanks for the hat!), kevin & lisa, aimee (sp?), and derek out there!

(i hope i didn't miss anyone. if i did, it was unintentional.)
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-07-2005, 8:29 PM Reply   
Great seeing all you guys out there too. Just wish the winds would have calmed down to give us some decent water.. O well there will be better days.
Joe how was the Fish???
Chris R.-- You called to late!! Wish i could have seen that switch 3--congrats on sticking that sh@# !
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       04-07-2005, 9:46 PM Reply   
Damn, is no one going to kick a shout out to Blake? What's up with that?

-Blake
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-07-2005, 10:09 PM Reply   
BLAKE!!!!!!!!

Great seeing you today, YOU ROCK!

-Steve
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-07-2005, 10:14 PM Reply   
blake, i didn't even see you dude! lookin' forward to riding w/ you again.
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-08-2005, 12:02 AM Reply   
Hope you were on your own boat Joe! (joke-reference the 95K boat discussion)
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-08-2005, 1:29 AM Reply   
You guys left too early - it sorta glassed off about 5 but it got overcast and chilly. We had the slalom course to ourselves though so it was worth it. Actually we had the slalom and wakeboard courses so we just used them both
Old    dmf            04-08-2005, 2:15 AM Reply   
Hey all,

It was good to finally experience san v. for the first time, and finally meet everyone: Kevin, Lisa, Alexis, Scott, Joe, Buzz!!

Mike, thanks for the invite and the pulls, you rock!
Old    dmf            04-08-2005, 2:20 AM Reply   
All of the above - let me know if anyone wants to get out on Elsi sat or sun. I'm most likely planning on being there both days and should have plenty of room in the boat. Those of you who already have a ride lined up, see you there!
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-08-2005, 9:10 AM Reply   
steve-too funny !!!!! LOL !!!

blake, i invited steve & you...thought you had to work ???

props to derek, lisa, alexis and kevin for a great session..

props to buzz for taking queen alexis off our hands (i am just kidding :-)))

also, props to scott for some serious kick a$$ riding !!!

(Message edited by clubmyke on April 08, 2005)
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-08-2005, 10:17 AM Reply   
It was a blast, as always with all of you.

Joe, gteat to finally meet you. Don't worry about the Fish. It looks like it would take a bit of getting use to. Great to watch you ride.

Chris, sick riding! Loved the look on your face landing the three. Congrats! Come out anytime. You guys are always welcome. (I will probably whore next week - trailer going to the shop).

Aimee, Alexis, OB Steve - had a blast. Get back out here soon!!

Kevin, Lisa, Derek, ClubMyke, anyone else I may have left out - great to hand with you guys, as always.

This summer I plan on having a BBQ or 2 at my house after the lake. I will let everyone know in advance so there are no excuses!

See everyone next time!!

Oh yea! Almost forgot... }BLAKE!!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-08-2005, 10:19 AM Reply   
Note to self - spellcheck before hitting "send" you dope!!
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       04-08-2005, 2:13 PM Reply   
I wasn't at the lake, I just wanted to know why everyone was kicking shout-outs, and didn't bother saying what's up to Blake... My feelings were a little hurt . Anyway, sounds like you guys had a blast, can't wait till we're "all" back on the water again. Joe, did you get a new board too? Buzz, don't be so hard on yourself, everyone knows about your drinking problem... It was an honest mistake, I'm sure .

-Blake
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-08-2005, 2:17 PM Reply   
Mike(clubmyke),

Yeah Blake had to work, and I had school, so we didn't get to wakeboard like the rest of you lucky ********... But that doesn't take away from the fact that it was great to see Blake thursday, on or off the water.

Derek,

Glad you finally made it out to San V. I've already got plans to ride on Sunday, but hopefully we'll see you out on the lake. Thanks for the invite!

Everyone/anyone,

Are you coming to the first competition up at the channel in Lake Elsi on saturday? Blake Geoff and myself are planning on heading up there (I have to work later, so I won't be competing). Hope to see you guys there!

-Steve
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-08-2005, 2:18 PM Reply   
blake - sorry you got your feelings hurt..(is it that time of the month ?) JUST KIDDING !!!

you were missed dude...not to mention geoff and steve too..

btw, you gotta see scott ride....smooth, great style and HUGE AIR !!!!

also, kevin got more than a couple backrolls in (no pics but lots of witnesses)

(Message edited by clubmyke on April 08, 2005)
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-08-2005, 2:20 PM Reply   
Hughes Air?
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-08-2005, 4:37 PM Reply   
Man,

ITS A LOVE-FEST IN HERE!!!!!!

Mike,
I heard about your knee. Did you get the MRI yet???

If it wasn't for bad luck you would have no luck at all!!!
Sorry to hear about it, and I feel your pain, I have been off the water for 4 weeks and it is killing me.
I will be back in 2 weeks, But still cant board, just surf.

Since it is a love-fest in here, Props to everybody for being you!!! See you in 2 weeks.
Late
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       04-08-2005, 4:46 PM Reply   
Steve, you complete me ! It was good to see you too, but aren't we roommates?

-Blake
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-08-2005, 5:04 PM Reply   
eric,

got the results back...acl, mcl, pcl(??) and minuscus...
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-08-2005, 5:27 PM Reply   
Damn,
They should just cut your leg off and start over.

Go Cadaver. When is surgery?
Let me know if you need anything while your hung-up after the surgery!!
Your wife is going to really earn her keep in the coming weeks!!
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-08-2005, 5:43 PM Reply   
was told the patella is the strongest replacement but the drawback is the longest recovery time.

from what i told (MAJOR PROPS to misty for A LOT of help, info, and support...hope you have a speedy recovery too !!! ) the surgery is only keeps you in bed 2-3 day and 2 weeks on crutches afterwards...its the therapy that is killer.

btw, how is your situation ?????
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-08-2005, 5:46 PM Reply   
mike, judging by the way it looked to me yesterday, i'm not surprised at all.

i'm sorry to hear though, and hope rehab goes well. here's to a speedy and full recovery.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-08-2005, 5:50 PM Reply   
Mike,
Bummer about the knee. I'm sure you'll be back out on your wakeboard before too long. It could have been worse:

(that pic makes me hurt just lookin at it)

-Steve
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-08-2005, 6:06 PM Reply   
by the way, san v was awesome today, the whole time we were there....from 6 till 2. all 4 riders got 3 runs each!

i hope bowen posts the pics of the conditions later.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-08-2005, 9:05 PM Reply   
OUCH!!!!! Look away from that pic!!!! Its hurting my eyes!!! AAAHHHH!!!!
Mike -- thanks for the pulls, great time as always. Nice meeting you Derek. See you on sunday I am sure. Blake and Steve you guys crack me up!!
So whens the surgury Mike? If you need any help Im just a phone call away, not to mention just few miles away either.
Buzz--Great to see and your crew out there too.
The Bu looking good as ever.
The bbq sound great, but we will have to have a cleanup party at the same time.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       04-09-2005, 2:19 AM Reply   
Kevin "The Striking Python" Pothier??? Is that you? I haven't seen you in forever, what's up? We need to hang out again... This time you can actually crash out at our place.

Buzz, sounds good, how bout tomorrow... I'm hungry. Are you interested in heading to Elsi?

-Blake
Old     (addictedchick)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-09-2005, 9:10 PM Reply   
Buzz, Mike and Derek: thanks guys for the pulls
Damn Mike- you're really torn up- I don't know much about knee injuries but I think it's worth it go go with longer recovery time if you're going to heal better
nice to meet u daniel and joe
Steve: school is no excuse- i missed a class on thurs too :-)
Hey Blake!
Old    dmf            04-09-2005, 9:27 PM Reply   
BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!

Whoever posted that rugby picture, please don't EVER EVER EVER EVER post pictures like that EVER!!

Steve, listen to Alexis. School will not make you jump any higher, so what's the point? I did the college thing, didn't make me jump any higher!

Alexis made much more progress as far as jumping higher on Thurs. and Friday than she would have at school.

And Steve, I hate to be the one to tell you, but you NEED to jump higher. I wasn't going to say anything last weekend, but ask Blake, you were barely off the water!
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       04-09-2005, 11:59 PM Reply   
Alexis,
You're a babe... Thanks for the shout out, hopefully we'll all be back on the water again.

Derek,
Way to throw me uder the bus on that one... But he could use a little more height, and style. I mean, look at us... What's his problem?

-Blake
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-10-2005, 6:34 AM Reply   
It looked like everyone was having a good time. I know I did. Even "the gimp" Mike makes it out and has a good time. No slowing you down dude! BTW - still want to buy my skate? Aww! That was uncalled for! Sorry!

Blake - Elsie sounds good, but I have to work. Found I can't play hookey like Alexis. Tomorrow I take my boat and trailer for some warranty work, and will not have a boat for about one week! AAaahhhhh! Guess I will pimp myself out Thurs or Fri. Can't believe I am going to be a whore! Oh well. I ahve been called worse, and by "friends".

PS - Watch for snakes!!
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       04-10-2005, 10:03 AM Reply   
Buzz,

I wouldn't worry about finding someone to ride with, you've been more than generous to a lot... I'm sure there are several people who are willing to hook you up. Hopefully, I'll have some time off here shortly... I'd like to hit San V up on a Thurs., or Fri., again. If not, it looks like I won't be back on the water till the opening of summer hours, in May! Damn-it. We'll talk to you soon. Take care.

-Blake