Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ag04blast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-04-2012, 10:41 AM Reply   
Anyone see this vid yet?

Riders in the boat took some serious injuries.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ly-flying.html
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-04-2012, 11:30 AM Reply   
WOW that was intense! The driver goes down in a heap.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-04-2012, 11:51 AM Reply   
Their fault for not knowing how to drive a go-fast boat at high speed. Idiots.
Old     (ag04blast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-04-2012, 11:57 AM Reply   
Supposedly the driver is a pro racer.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-04-2012, 12:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
In that case, so am I
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-04-2012, 12:36 PM Reply   
I cant believe those bikini tops stayed on. We had 4 of six people all in the same family die right off our beach a couple years ago in a 38 Power Play. Same dumb **** hot lapping in conditions exceeding his abilities.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-04-2012, 1:15 PM Reply   
There are a few guys in "go fast" boats on our lake, and they are always the ones that are way too close to people. The things I've seen done by them are absolutely stupid. I think everytime I've seen one, they do something that makes me cringe. Two examples are; getting within 25 feet of someone being pulled behind a boat, and (I just saw this twice by two different boats yesterday...on Labor Day ofcourse) going well over 80 passing between two anchored boats less than 100 feet apart. When I saw one get to within 25 feet of the person being pulled behind the boat, I started to position my boat so I could immediately help. No one ended up getting hurt, but I won't forget the feeling I had in my stomach when I saw it happen. It seems like to own one of these things, they check and make sure you don't have any common sense or boating ettiquete. Atleast on my lake anyway.
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-04-2012, 1:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag04blast View Post
Supposedly the driver is a pro idiot.
Old     (yjwrangler95)      Join Date: Oct 2011       09-04-2012, 1:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by baitkiller View Post
I cant believe those bikini tops stayed on. We had 4 of six people all in the same family die right off our beach a couple years ago in a 38 Power Play. Same dumb **** hot lapping in conditions exceeding his abilities.
Marco?
Old    bigdtx            09-04-2012, 1:37 PM Reply   
Faceplant!
Old     (ettowake)      Join Date: Oct 2009       09-04-2012, 2:07 PM Reply   
that whats you get by being and idiot..
i m from brazil and ride at itapu Lake, the bigger hidroeletric in the world
and here is not different.. the boats that do this is very small and short with an outboard 250hp or 300hp and they do like to contour, get really close by at high speeds, ( jet skis do it tooo) F$^#ing big time where i ride..
always trying to show up for someone but nobody is looking them
i really hate them man
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-04-2012, 2:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjwrangler95 View Post
Marco?

Yeah, Marco. Boat was modded, over-powered and loose. Wave jumping and planted the stem doing 60 or so the report goes if I remember. Very tragic. Young dead people always are.

On topic I took the OG Nautique up to Ft Myers to ride the river two weeks ago on a Tuesday. My kids hadn't started school yet but the local schools were already in session. The Caloosahatchi was barren of traffic. and flat calm. This is a semi wide kinda windy river. Anyway we are pulling the kiddos and out of nowhere comes 1.5 M+$ in fiberglass blasting around the corner at speeds well north of 150 MPH. The Northech factory is right around the corner. They usually test out front in open water and the crew didint look like factory folk. Probably owners. So whats the reaction and response / stop time of a 42' Cat with staggered 2K quads doing 150+ on a narrow river when my son goes down attempting a TS 180?

I dont want more laws and I dont want to loose more of my freedoms but I would love to see the application of some common sense occasionally.
Old     (yjwrangler95)      Join Date: Oct 2011       09-05-2012, 11:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by baitkiller View Post
Yeah, Marco. Boat was modded, over-powered and loose. Wave jumping and planted the stem doing 60 or so the report goes if I remember. Very tragic. Young dead people always are.

On topic I took the OG Nautique up to Ft Myers to ride the river two weeks ago on a Tuesday. My kids hadn't started school yet but the local schools were already in session. The Caloosahatchi was barren of traffic. and flat calm. This is a semi wide kinda windy river. Anyway we are pulling the kiddos and out of nowhere comes 1.5 M+$ in fiberglass blasting around the corner at speeds well north of 150 MPH. The Northech factory is right around the corner. They usually test out front in open water and the crew didint look like factory folk. Probably owners. So whats the reaction and response / stop time of a 42' Cat with staggered 2K quads doing 150+ on a narrow river when my son goes down attempting a TS 180?

I dont want more laws and I dont want to loose more of my freedoms but I would love to see the application of some common sense occasionally.
I remember that all to well, I was living in Naples then.

We used to ride down by Keewayden.

I remember how people would run wide open in the channel behind FMB before a speed limit was posted.

Last edited by yjwrangler95; 09-05-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-07-2012, 2:08 PM Reply   
I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud. Yaaa Whoooooooo! THUD!!! Hahahahahahahaha!.

Glad nobody was seriously injured.
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-10-2012, 3:25 PM Reply   
The best thing to come of this, of course, is the dubstep remix of the video...

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNBJGCinIDo
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-11-2012, 8:31 AM Reply   
actually, there were some pretty bad injuries. still lucky as hell though! so this on another site...

Hey guys, I was a passenger in this boat during the accident. Yes, there are many cardinal rules broken. The most important one I feel is no life jackets worn. As crazy as it seems, we had jackets for each person but as the poker run began we realized no one else was wearing them..... How foolish we were. I have read so many nasty comments on YouTube and other sites I am in shock. My wife suffered 4 broken ribs, punctured lung and a broken foot. She has not left the house since getting home. She is in severe pain. The driver crushed his eye orbital and broke hus back at T8 ( he is a former F-2 racer with APBA). Another passenger who raced professionally for many years broke his pelvis in several places and is in a wheelchair. One of the other girls crushed her eye orbital also. The guy from lake tv fractured his hip and broke his wrist. My injuries were minor compared, busted my head open and damaged a rib or two. Everyone is black and blue. This was a very upsetting event for everyone involved. I have been around powerboats for many years and it only takes on unguarded minute to loose a life or permanently hurt people you love. I am very thankful this did not end up worse. I hope everyone learns from this. I know I will boat differently. All of the guys in the boat are members of OSO. I think it is necessary to break down the accident and discuss this, just remember these are real people who like you who love power boating and do it every weekend.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-11-2012, 2:36 PM Reply   
Kind of surprising that poker runs still occur in this day in age.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-11-2012, 7:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
Kind of surprising that poker runs still occur in this day in age.
Thats what i was thinking.