Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tnshredder)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-26-2013, 3:57 PM Reply   
i have been trying this trick for a couple days now and land it every couple trys but when i land it i land almost sitting in the water or backseat and manage to pull my self up i can land this trick 40% of the time. but i always land sitting is there any way i can get out of this post ur advice thanks
Link to video
Old     (wakeskier)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-26-2013, 6:06 PM Reply   
try pulling the handle in to your right hip before landing
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-26-2013, 6:36 PM Reply   
I would say that you are hitting the wake with your hips lagging behind. So when you hit the wake with your hips trailing it causes you to throw the trick out the back. This is why you are landing on your heels and skipping out. Try and approach the wake less hunched over and stand tall off the top.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-26-2013, 7:28 PM Reply   
Just do a normal frontroll and push the handle to your lead hip in air. Easiest invert there is. Stupid trick can be mean on the front knee tho if u ever over rotate one and land front foot heavy. I've known several people who have torn their acl on them including me
Old     (tnshredder)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-26-2013, 7:44 PM Reply   
hahah yea i have over rotated a few almost to a full cromobe, back edges hurt. I will be out tomorrow so i will post a new video and try these tips thanks for the great advice!
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-26-2013, 8:58 PM Reply   
Throw them a little less aggressive than a front roll also the 180 take some of the flip out of it
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-26-2013, 9:02 PM Reply   
I jus watched the video that was perfect except you didn't really move the handle to your hip and barely under rotated the 180 part of the crow
Old     (callanstarr)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-27-2013, 3:29 AM Reply   
keeping that handle in more will keep you more upright and better positioning on the landing and then youve got it!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-27-2013, 8:26 AM Reply   
After 10 years of coaching here is what I see, really two minor issues that will clean the trick right up.

First off, remember the scarecrow and the ts front roll are trip edge trick. Tripping the ts edge is actually easier than the heel side edge. I think you could trip this edge much harder, you probably know this but trip it by pusng the board into the wake more, you litteraly change directions of your edge. This is going to bring the crow up more and give you more time complete the rotation of the one 180. It will really help You when you take the crow to a mobe, or if you want to start spinning off axis ts spins.

Second, I make everyone I teach a crow to let go with their backhand as you leave the water. This is going to help in a few ways. The most obvious is it is going to help you finish your rotation faster and square your shoulders back up to the boat. Squaring up your shoulders will finish the rotation of the 180. As I mentioned above it will help when you want to take your crow to a mobe, and again it will help with ts off axis spinning. Lastly, the crow is a fairly easy trick to grab if you learn to grab while you're trouble shooting the trick. I would start trying to grab nose or melon right away. It's been my experience that it's way easier to learn the grab with the trick than after. Adding the grab later sometimes can be like relearning the trick.

Hope this helps!
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-27-2013, 8:36 AM Reply   
^* front hand ??????
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-27-2013, 8:50 AM Reply   
Oooooooops yeah front hand! My bad.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-27-2013, 9:00 AM Reply   
Repeating a lot of what has been said, but my tips are:

1. Stand taller on your approach, you're really laid out the back which seems to be taking your off axis rather than right up and over.

2. Keep the handle in to your hip much tighter (approach and in the air). You want to have it almost on your front hip on your approach, as you pop pull the handle to your rear hip (which will ultimately be your lead hip).
Old     (tnshredder)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-27-2013, 10:58 AM Reply   
I will be out later today and post a new video thanks for all the advice!
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-27-2013, 11:16 AM Reply   
HS scarecrows are way easier
Old     (Kevinbieber)      Join Date: May 2013       06-27-2013, 12:11 PM Reply   
Oh yea for sure... Haha