Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-12-2009, 12:59 PM Reply   
A crew of us from Dallas are thinking about heading up for a long memorial day weekend. I am looking for some insight on the good areas to ride and areas to stay away from. I also need some recommendations on a good area to tent camp with a boat ramp close by. Any help is appreciated!
Old     (ouwake)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-12-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
My crw lives there over the summer, and we run a camp there. Longtown or Three fingers has the best water. Also everyone goes to the cut which is close to three fingers. So if you can camp up there its better, Less of a drive. Its all located on the NE part of the lake. We'll be out there in a white and green 220 and black malibu.
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-12-2009, 1:44 PM Reply   
you might check the campgrounds now to make reservations. Porom Landing, or dam site south. There may be some areas closed because the friggin water is rising.....the best place to ride is longtown.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-12-2009, 2:47 PM Reply   
Doug- Thanks for the info, we normally go out to Broken Bow, but it is under water and I doubt it will be open for memorial day weekend. Joey, we will be in my boat. There is a pic in my profile, red,white,black supra 22. I see Longtown on the map, is the cove south of HWY 9 where the butta is at? I assume the cut is the party cove area on the lake. Can you help clarify where it is on the map? Close to what town? Would the Arrowhead state park area be a good place to camp? Is it easy to navigate north from this point to get to longtown?

(Message edited by pfort on May 12, 2009)
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-12-2009, 7:01 PM Reply   
Arrowhead would be way to stumpy. Stay off Hwy 9 east of Eufaula or around Porum, or the dam. We are east of the Belle Starr campground. Going down this weekend, i can give you more info Monday. Also if your a fan there is a Cross Canadian concert with Gary Allan Sunday at the Eufaula Amp.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-12-2009, 8:01 PM Reply   
Doug sounds good. I appreciate any help I can get. Like any lake there are certain areas to stay clear of with the stumps and all. We have some people tent camping and another few bringing RV's. I would like to find a camp area that would work for both. It would be great to also be able to leave the boats tied up in the water overnight, but not sure if that is a possibility anywhere on Eufuala? Ideally a peaceful cove that we can camp in would work out well.
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-12-2009, 8:10 PM Reply   
http://www.swt.usace.army.mil/recreat/OPSField.CFM?tblOPSField__LakeName=Eufaula%20Lake

here is the corps site for Eufaula, has campgrounds listed at the bottom of the page. Most of the campgrounds you can Rv and put tents beside them. you should be able to leave the boats in the water . most of the lake has sandy shores. just be sure to check first. Joey what is the campground on the east side of the bridge? that is pretty protected and your out of the big water. Are you bringing BillM with you....lol
Old     (ourufnek)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-13-2009, 10:21 AM Reply   
Hey Doug what's up! Don't know if you remember me or not from Skiatook back in the day, on the red/black bu. You going to be down there that weekend? Me and some buddies are going there Sunday for the concert at the amp. If you are and wouldnt mind giving me a pull let me know. Later man
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-13-2009, 3:11 PM Reply   
yea, Ryan and a bunch of people are going to be there and going to the concert also.....I will be on the beer barge....lol listening from the cove..
Old     (stillentt)      Join Date: May 2007       05-13-2009, 5:04 PM Reply   
I've been researching Eufaula and plan on hittin up for memorial day wknd as well.

I didn't realize there is a Wakeboard Camp there and tried contacting them to get info on some buttah spots and camp grounds but haven't heard back.

http://okwakecamp.com/index_files/Page434.htm
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-13-2009, 6:10 PM Reply   
Great instructors they know there stuff and looking forward on hitting there new rail at the wakeboard camp. Didnt hear it from me.
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-13-2009, 7:16 PM Reply   
email joey b from the post above. I just hope they let some friggin water out or everything will be flooded. when the water is way high, I have to go to Eufaula cove or Belle Starr Marina Park.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-13-2009, 7:32 PM Reply   
Hi-Jack, Doug you going to Texas? I think you owe me some beers from the bowl game bet and I want to collect
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-13-2009, 9:40 PM Reply   
yes , i will be there with bells unless a tornado blows us away tonight......we just got back out of the cellar about 20 minutes ago....lol

(Message edited by supradoug on May 13, 2009)
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-14-2009, 7:08 AM Reply   
Doug, where can you sit on the lake to check out the Cross canadian ragweed concert on Sunday- Eufaula cove? We are tentatively going to try and camp at Hwy 9 landing south. Our plan is to be rolling in on Thursday afternoon. Not sure how bad the boat ride would be from the concert back to the campsite Sun night?
Old     (doug2)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-14-2009, 1:38 PM Reply   
Lake is at 591 and still rising... A couple of docks are off the pencils and I'm wondering when they will close the public ramps.

Patrick-
The concert is in Eufaula Cove and it isn't a bad run back over to #9.

Brown building in middle of pic.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Eufaula,+Oklahoma,+United+States&hl=en&ie=U TF8&ll=35.281816,-95.575347&spn=0.01354,0.027895&t=k&z=16
Old     (ouwake)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-14-2009, 2:05 PM Reply   
Weather looks good next week, hopefully hey can drain some of the water. It seems in Oklahoma it either rains way too much of not a all. Either way its going to be a good time. It'll be funny to see how pasty white everyone will be.
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-14-2009, 2:59 PM Reply   
concert starts at 2pm so it should be daylight.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-14-2009, 3:02 PM Reply   
wheres Sam Ingram? Im sure he has something to say about Lake Eufaula...and his family reunion, for the first time in years...
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-14-2009, 4:23 PM Reply   
Cool, we will try and get over there and check it out. I have never heard them live. If you guys see me/my boat stop by and say hi and grab a beer.
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-15-2009, 6:02 AM Reply   
Joey not all of us are mexican like u. But im still darking than u and i will have the ginger bread kid with me. and he is the whitest u will ever see. looking forward to parting with u guys. and Patrick i will take that u up on that offer.
Old     (soonerwake85)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-15-2009, 6:23 AM Reply   
Joey is mexican. Ill be heading up on saturday to enjoy the weekend. The concert should be a good time. Joey ill holla at you when I get there, maybe I can get a set behind the 220.
Old     (ouwake)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-15-2009, 6:37 AM Reply   
Cool see you guys out there. Yeah I;ll be able to sport your boat from accross the lake. Just have Tyler way at me.
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-18-2009, 8:18 PM Reply   
should be a good weekend, no rain forcast for the week and they are finally letting water out of the dam. All the campgrounds were open last weekend also so it should be alright.
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-18-2009, 8:27 PM Reply   
yeah Doug i caught that from Joey today. Im pumped and looking forward to it. Im sure i see ya in the cove at the concert.

I here longtown is really flooded and shouldnt try to board there though alot of debris floating around. lol
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-19-2009, 3:05 PM Reply   
yea Danny maybe we can check out first hand you new set up. Sure looked sharp. are you related to Kat?
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-19-2009, 8:09 PM Reply   
no least i dont think so. Man Doug looks like we are gonna get a piece of heaven this weekend at the lake after all the rain. Nothing but sunshine this coming weekend. Cult seems to be throwing down on the setup. So next guess im gonna have to get ryan opinion. Thanks for the kind words. Be careful heading down there. if ur not already there. lol
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-28-2009, 1:14 PM Reply   
Lake Eufala...
My uncle, he owns a quarter section up by lake eufaula
caught a great big ol bluecat on a driftin jugline
sells his hardwood timber to the chippin mill
cooks that crystal meth cuz his shine don't sell
he cooks that crystal meth because his shine don't sell
you know he likes that money, he don't mind the smell

James McMurtry - Choctaw Bingo - I suggest you all go out and buy a copy!