Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (jordyt123)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-11-2005, 7:30 PM Reply   
my parents have a 1994 tige fslm 2002 the wake is too small for wakeboarding will ballasts increase the wake enough to make it a good wakeboarding wake
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-11-2005, 7:45 PM Reply   
While I haven't ridden behind that boat, most of the inboard boats when weighted properly WILL throw a pretty good wakeboarding wake. I'd get 2 fat buddies and put them on either side of the engine cover and go from there.
Old     (jordyt123)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-12-2005, 8:37 AM Reply   
anyone else have an opinion
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-12-2005, 8:56 AM Reply   
weighted down, the boat is most likely going to ride really really low in the water. The smallest of waves will swamp your boat. I had a 96 tige ski boat and it was a real problem. Rollers would come over the back, front and sides of the boat filling it with water.
Old     (2step)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-12-2005, 12:00 PM Reply   
Andy- That sucks..
I have a 02 20V and weighted down I can get swamped over the bow but that is about it.
As far as weighting yours like Andy said, be carefull not to put too much in. I would go to your dealer and see what they recomend. You can also use someone elses bags and see how much weight you can safely put in, and see if it makes a big enough difference to make the investment.
As with any boat if you add weight the wake will get bigger but, 1. you do not want to over load the max weight of the boat 2. you want to make sure with weight the boat will get up and on plane with a rider behind you.