Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-30-2014, 10:23 AM Reply   
I had this trick last year down really solid. Now when I try it I feel as if I go a little off axis and land somewhat tail heavy and very violently. The handle gets yanked out of my hands and a couple of times i have cracked my arms on my knees. I am sorry I don't have video. Hoping there is some simple bad habit I picked up without realizing it. Any suggestions or thoughts?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-30-2014, 10:54 AM Reply   
I came into this season having a similar issue. It was driving me crazy. It took me a few rides to recall that trying to rush the trick sends me OA, and creates a bunch of line tension.

For me, I think about just doing the toeside 180. Pop high, do the 180 and yank the handle into my waist, stall, and then spin the remaining 360. This helps me pop higher, stay on axis, and cut the line tension. Right away the trick felt easy again. I figured it out by going back to the ts 360, where I first learned to stall for a second before spinning the second 180.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-22-2014, 8:42 AM Reply   
Sounds like you may be letting the handle get away from you off the top of the wake. Keep that thing in tight and you should be fine.