Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    xtremrider            09-19-2003, 11:18 AM Reply   
Anyone know when the new Gator baords are comeing out, i have a 2003 Ricky G( the best board i have ever rode. but i here they have some new things coming out in 04, i would love to know what they are up to, and see if i need to get the new model?
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-19-2003, 12:56 PM Reply   
I think dave posted some pics of them in his Expo article.
Old    mmj420            09-19-2003, 5:16 PM Reply   
i just rode my friends new harris ........

sickest board EVER ! does not seem to ride as big as it is ...which is cool cause i only weigh 160 and the board is 142 or something...anyways ...if you like fast boards w/ huge pop...get one

graphics are pretty cool too!
Old    maverick_gear            09-19-2003, 6:30 PM Reply   
ya the New GatorBoards Will hit stores aometime in the next month or so, there are several new boards coming out as well as revamping to some of the old ones, gator has tweaked his signature to have a quad Chrome dome fin option, also brannon meek has his board comin out called the O.G. similar to an old waketech byerly but suped up, there are also new kids and a ladies board comin out, YES the Vandalls new board is the sh!at also there will be at least 1 mid season 2004 release that will be out of this world!! just remember if you want to be cool and not all corporateized buy a gatorboard and represent!! guess whose booth ALL the pros camped out at during expo......
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-19-2003, 6:57 PM Reply   
be cool and not all corporatized. being on vandalls/gators nuts is no different than being on parks nuts.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-19-2003, 7:40 PM Reply   
sorry i am just feisty tonight.
Old     (qtybry)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-20-2003, 11:18 AM Reply   

anyone has tried the gator baller? how was it?!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-22-2003, 8:56 AM Reply   
Their hull designs look really basic/old technology. I'm not intrigued.
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-22-2003, 9:06 AM Reply   
"The booth all the pros hung out in"? I'd guess the tent on Lake Erie, since most of them were at Gravity Games.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-22-2003, 9:54 AM Reply   
"just remember if you want to be cool and not all corporateized buy a gatorboard and represent!!"

that probably will go down in history as one of the top 5 most idiotic things I've heard on these forums. And I even ride a GB!

I could care less what's 'core' and what's 'corporatized'. Just ride a board that fits you and your riding style. Not which pro rides it, or what's 'cool'.

Good Point Tim Krutz!
Old    maverick_gear            09-22-2003, 10:36 AM Reply   
you boys got a good point too but there are alot of kidz out there that want to hear exactly what i said and your response is exactly what would be heard from a truly core rider! good job! your hardcore! ya and your right there is not a difference in the swinging on the nutz, however find me any company in the history of companys that has been truly rider owned,operated and inspired and i will say uncle, and also you have to realize that wakeboarding is also a business and shameles promotion of ones product is part of the game whether you like it or not.....
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-22-2003, 11:41 AM Reply   
"just remember if you want to be cool and not all corporateized buy a gatorboard and represent!!"

that comment was pretty ridiculous.

I must say that I have looked at the GB Harris and Gonzales, and the construction on them is very good. Randall has been riding the same shape for the past 5 years. His model is proven.

Tim - are you admitting that you're on Parks' nuts? Why do you have your nose stuck up so high up in the air to every other company except for Hyperlite?

I'm so over hating on any company out there supporting the sport.
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-22-2003, 11:54 AM Reply   
I have ridden both the Ricky G and the Harris, which I now own. The Ricky G is very comparable in ride to the Premier except that it's lighter and a little faster. Rides very loose w/o the fins.

The Harris is THE loosest board I have ever ridden and demands the rider to know his stuff but rewards with a great ride and awesome pop.
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-23-2003, 1:26 AM Reply   
"Their hull designs look really basic/old technology. I'm not intrigued."

It's the basic designs that work the best. Randalls boards are proof. Although I hear another Hyperlite gimmick is just around the corner, you may be more interested in that...
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-23-2003, 1:32 AM Reply   
Josh, do tell....

I need another gimmick to get me "hyped" up
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-23-2003, 3:07 AM Reply   
Haha, I wasn't being serious.

All the new gimmicks have being unveiled. You'll have to wait until next season's stuff to appear to see their next marketing ploy.
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-23-2003, 11:05 AM Reply   
darn, you got me all excited
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-23-2003, 11:20 AM Reply   
Josh. You took my comment at little personal, kid. Sorry to hurt your Gator pride man. What does any of this have to do with Hyperlite gimmicks? Just because I'm not intrigued by the Gator boards I must be a Hyperlite sucker? I can see you are one of those corporate haters so I'll stop there. But, look at Zack's comment. "it rides like a premier." Why??? Because the hull of some of there boards are almost identical! I'm not saying there boards aren't sweet. I'm just saying there's nothing there that hasn't been done before.

Old    w8kbum            09-23-2003, 1:13 PM Reply   
Why is everyone trip'n on one comment that an individual say's. He has a point about the rider owned issue but know matter what people think Hyperlite has done something right to be where they are today. They have boards that people like rather they are influenced by marketing or riding style. Just chill people buy what you like!!!!
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-23-2003, 1:33 PM Reply   
Why is it that X-treme sports has these, "let's represent", and "anti corporate" feelings. Rider owned or not, Gator Boards is out to do one thing, MAKE MONEY. I do not see his boards selling for cost. I guarentee he is making some money on it. I am not commenting negative towards him or any other company, but these businesses are out to make a profit or they will not be around long.

By the way I do like Gators line and I have been pretty impressed with how he is doing business and promoting his products.
Old    haterssuckcom            09-23-2003, 1:52 PM Reply   
basically the sport & products we use would not progress w/o the $$$$ for r&d.companies have to make money to do this this and also to continue to stay in business.doesn't matter if they are big or small.
www.haterssuck.com