Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    wakegal02            05-21-2005, 6:53 AM Reply   
Can someone tell me how to do one? thanks!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-21-2005, 9:03 AM Reply   
Put the question in the Trick Tips section...jk. Umm basically you cut out HARD on your heelside edge and as you maximize your speed you shift your weight onto your toes and emphasize getting the water to hit you board between your feet. You'll pretty much almost get your back facing the boat. Do it in a whip for maximized spray and distance.
Old    mia            05-21-2005, 9:38 AM Reply   
would you suggest removing the fins the while learning this ???
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-21-2005, 9:49 AM Reply   
I need to. My Parks seems to bite too much, and can't really slide much. I am goint to pull the center fin on my Absolute and give it a try. I like powerslides, and they make great pics (wish I had one though). My problem right now is that when I go into the slide I have to cut really hard, and I get a bunch of slack in the line, then I get yanked. Maybe trying the other board will help.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-21-2005, 11:15 AM Reply   
Like this...
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-23-2005, 12:45 PM Reply   
Or like this.

Old     (mx118)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-23-2005, 1:26 PM Reply   
I try turn my body away from the boat and let my board loosen up then when my back is facing the boat I push my toes down to catch the edge. It take some practice.

Mike Power Turn

It is a litte blurry but you get the point.