Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-07-2004, 2:56 PM Reply   
I live in MN and have been doing some research on whether or not to buy a drysuit or a full wetsuit. I wont be able to get into the water much before May because of school so I don't think that a drysuit is worth the $200+ that I could spend. Any thoughts on what you think I will get more use out of? I'm not made of money, otherwise I would just buy both. What temps to you guys ride in with your wetsuits or drysuits?

http://www.perfski.com/showcat.cfm?catnum=11

These guys seem to have the lowest prices, anyone have any opinions on the O'neil Hammer or the ripcurl products. My price range is around $100 for a wetsuit.

Thanks for any imput
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-07-2004, 4:33 PM Reply   
dude spend the 200 its more then worth it especially where you live..you wont be sorry and you will get many warm dry seasons out of it..it does more then keep you warm and dry while riding,it allows you to get back in the boat and take it off and be dry IN the bOAt..

The worse part of a wetsuit is getting back in teh boat and being wet in the cold air..you have to fully take it off on a cold wet boat and dry off and put your clothes on between sets..that sucks trust me when i switched ffrom wet to dry i didnt realize how great it was to be dry all day in and out of the boat with no changing to go get the truck etc and for the ride home..

BTW you dont need a wetsuit at all if you have a dry and you can use it in all sorts of condtions all the way until summer..when its real cold layer heavy underneath the drysuit and as it gets warmer outside and in the water you can remove layers until you dont need the suit anymore..

Drysuit is a great investment IMO..
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-07-2004, 9:31 PM Reply   
Should I go really baggy to layer more?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-08-2004, 5:20 AM Reply   
yes Baggy all the way..some guy on this site is selling them for 200 plus shipping for a baggy suit ..dont remember but im sure he will see this and post up..
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-08-2004, 5:50 AM Reply   
I have a new drysuit at $200. E-mail me for pictures or more info. I also have full wetsuits for $80. Top quality, American made, limited lifetime warranty, cut well, fits right.

rider@boarditup.com
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-08-2004, 9:07 AM Reply   
Karl, how does your drysuit compare to the Bare Ultra Dry. I can get one for $150, if you can match it, I'll consider going with you.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-08-2004, 9:15 AM Reply   
Go with the Bare, then. I cannot match the price. It the Bare new? Mine is new stock and I am a dealer. It is not used or a 2003 leftover.

Let me know. Bare makes a decent suit. I believe my seams are better, but that is just an opinion. Bare does use the same zipper as my suits.

Good luck and thanks for the consideration.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-08-2004, 9:23 AM Reply   
Karl, send me some pics at mkanderson2@stthomas.edu and send me a quote shipped to 55104, snail mail preferably.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-08-2004, 9:45 AM Reply   
Please let me know your size. I will send a picture of your exact suit.

rider@boarditup.com
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-09-2004, 12:11 AM Reply   
I ride a 3/2 full wetsuit... but thats me, and I don't think its so bad. But then again... could be the Alaskan blood talking. And CA is a bit different than MN weather too...
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       03-09-2004, 6:40 AM Reply   
I used to wear a full wetsuit in cold conditions but after I got my baggy drysuit, my wetsuit has been collecting dust! Even though the baggy drysuits look really cumbersome, they are WAY more flexible to ride in than a wetsuit. I wear my baggy until I can ride in just shorts.

Only drawbacks to the dry that I'm aware of are A) price, B) maintenance (gotta keep dry's maintained) and C) price! Sounds like you might have the price issues licked, tho.

Good luck!