Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    h20adventures            08-19-2003, 10:00 PM Reply   
I am currently looking to a buy a 1993 or newer competition boat and can't decide which to choose between Malibu, MasterCraft or Ski Natique. Looking to spend no more than $17,000 and want a boat that is good for both waterskiing & wakeboarding. My brother and I are going to start up a waterski/wakeboarding school in Southern Oregon and we need a boat that will fit everyones needs. Please give me any insight and suggestions you have. Thanks!!
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-20-2003, 6:33 AM Reply   
Check out 98 or 99 Malibu Sportster. They are great inexpensive boats that with the wedge and weight can produce a nice wakeboarding wake. And obviously produce a good slalom wake.

Before you charge anyone for your ski school check into insurance for doing so... it is very expensive ($5000/yr+ depending on your type of school) but the alternative is even more expensive... I have been down that road before and just wanted to point it out to you. Best of luck!
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-20-2003, 6:40 AM Reply   
I've got a '93 SN, it is great for both. I have a fat seat for weight, with a couple of people it has a good wake. I also plumed the fill line from the raw water intake. It fills quick when you are moving.
Old    frontsideshiftd            08-20-2003, 10:16 AM Reply   
Brooks,
I have a '94 MC PS205 which is great for both slalom and riding. I usually run two sacks and about 4 people and the wake is shaped good and its a good size. It is currently for sale. Let me know if your interested.
frontsideshiftd@yahoo.com
Old    tattoobling            08-21-2003, 9:09 AM Reply   
Definitely try to find a 1994 or newer MC 205. 94 was the first year for fuel injection, it’s got room for enough people, and it’s basically the same hull as the current X-2. Not exactly the same but close enough you will get a sweet wake with some weight in it. A mid 90s 205 is hard to come by, which is a good thing. The carry awesome resale value, they hold up incredibly well, and they make an awesome wake. Can’t go wrong.
Old    mb_girl            08-21-2003, 9:36 AM Reply   
MC 205, CC Sport Nautique, Malibu Response or Sunsetter. Any of those will fit the bill for you & they're all good, well built boats. Comes down to personal preference. I myself have an MB Sports.