Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old    DocPhilMD            08-17-2013, 8:25 PM Reply   
Okay so here is a follow up to my demo day. I looked at the 2014 MC X-10, 2013 MB sports 23 WB, 2013 Tige RZ2, 2014 SAN 210. I surfed and drove all of them hard (except the Tige-I will get to that). Now keep in mind that the surf wake was not set up on a couple boats as what many would consider ideal. So all I can review is what I looked at. I will start with the MC X-10 in this thread. I may not get them all done so I will post separately

2)2013 MB WB 23

Overall, this is kind of a strange looking but cool boat. It certainly is a "wide body" but it has a unique and interesting look. The interior is massive. I love the layout. While some might say its not fair to compare a 23 foot boat to a 21, the weight is nearly the same for all the boats I tested. So MB is getting a lot of room for the same weight. The interior was actually really good. The vinyl was very cool and expensive feeling. The interior was well designed. The dash had a great layout. Tower was average at best. I didn't really care for it. The bow was very roomy.

Fit and Finish: B

The guys who showed this boat (who were awesome by the way) didn't really set it up correctly. We used factory ballast only. However, with my two buddies, a driver and the owner's friend in the boat, the factory ballast did a NICE job. We had no sacs and it surfed great. I can only imagine where it would go with additional ballast. I was thoroughly impressed here.

Wakesurf: A

The handling and the motor is where this boat really shined. It had an LS3 upgrade. And while some may cry foul here, in all fairness, the MB guys are fitting all this into a package that was the cheapest of the day so all is fair here. Mastercraft doesn't get penalized for spending more on interior. The guys at Aqua Sports Marine did a power slide in this baby that nearly threw me off the boat! It was awesome. I could NOT believe how great this boat handled and how it conquered rollers with ease. Truly awesome here.

Handling/Motor: A+

As everyone knows, the MB boats are priced phenomenally. The boat we looked at fully loaded with the LS3 was 78K. That is without any haggling at all. What can I say...the price is right!

Price: A

The dealer was terrific. The guys were great and we had a blast. They knew everything about the boat to a minor detail and when it blew a fuse, they fixed it on the water. That showed me they know the boat. Overall, awesome and we had fun.

Dealer: A

Overall, this is a terrific boat. The wakesurf wake was solid with no ballast and only 4 passengers including the driver. The boat was roomy with good interior and unique looks and it was priced terrific.

Overall: A