Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-09-2008, 1:47 PM Reply   
Has anyone had some gel coat repair cracking done? What was your luck, could you tell where it was repaired and has it held up. I have about 8 different spots where my gel coat has cracked on my boat. It is under warrenty and I am getting it fixed this fall but am wondering what kind of luck everyone has had with repairs.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-09-2008, 2:29 PM Reply   
The repair can be made invisible if done well. The problem is often makeing it stay reparied. Gelcoat cracks when flexed. If the source of the flex is not corrected the crack will return.
Old     (lzrdwrnglr)      Join Date: May 2008       09-09-2008, 2:58 PM Reply   
Gelcoat cracks can be fixed very easily. I've had some done last fall and now again have a few to be repaired this year. Not a big issue, don't worry about it.
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-09-2008, 6:45 PM Reply   
when they recrack, do they get worse or crack the same? Most are at each screw hole for the windsheild frame. The dealer said it was from when the boat assemble the screw holes were not properly drilled. I just want to make sure they do it right being it is under warranty and will expire this spring.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-09-2008, 7:51 PM Reply   
Screw hole cracks should be easy to repair and should not return if drilled properly.
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-09-2008, 8:09 PM Reply   
how does one drill them proper?