Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (staylefysh)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-17-2009, 6:51 PM Reply   
I have a 2004 supra ssv. I surf regular so what would be the best weight placement in the boat?
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-18-2009, 7:19 AM Reply   
I have an 02 SSV which has a similar hull to yours and we set up the boat as follows:
GG 565# sac in the port locker (plus I have the two batteries at the back of that locker)
750# sac half on the port seat and half up onto the rear deck
GG 1180# sac in the ski locker
250# sac on top of the seat between the windsheid.

The sweet spot is really long with the extra weight in the middle of the boat.

We have found that if you put the 750# sac on the side seat without half of it propped up onto the rear platform the wake is not as good. Having someone sit at the back with their feet on the platform really helps. Check out this video with the ballast as above, a 130# driver and another 130# film girl with a 200# guy on the back corner of the platform.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF68SVP2yDs
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-18-2009, 7:31 AM Reply   
One more thing, we ride at 11.0 mph
Old    yubby            08-18-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
John,

I have a 2001 SSV and had a few quick ?s

Are all the bags maxed? about 2800lbs of ballast?

How do you secure the 750 lb bag that is propped on the rear platform?

What position is the wakeplate in? 0%, 50% or somewhere between?

We have been wakesurfing just twice, but enjoyed it enough to buy a larger ballast bag ;-)

thanks -y
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-18-2009, 2:28 PM Reply   
The 1180# sac in the middle does not max out and I do not think that we fill up the 750# sac completely. I figure we have about 2500# of water ballast. The 750# does not require tiedowns. We ride with the wake plate all of the way up.

I saw this picture on another post and got some information from the owner and tried it out and as you can see the wake is good. He has a 400# sac on the ski locker and a 750# sac in the rear compartment.
Upload