Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    jpbray            06-13-2006, 4:11 PM Reply   
I can do raleys, OHH, krypt, switch krypt, tantrum, scarecrow, 540. I don't ride there very often I mostly ride behind a boat but tomorrow i'm going to the cable park and I was wondering what I could try. I though of trying off-axis 5, 720, batwing but don't really have any idea....

What should I try?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-13-2006, 5:31 PM Reply   
Try em all :-)

First of all it depends on whether you're regular or goofy and how well you ride switch. It also depends on if they have kickers and the placement. The cable will run counterclockwise and the air tricks (off the water) will be easier goofy.

You should be able to duplicate your tricks off the kickers (if they have them). But placement will affect what you can do.

You didn't list a backroll. Maybe that's an easy trick and you overlooked it. A backroll or a raley off the water will be a good one to try. A lot of guys land their raleys switch right off the bat anyway so the krypt is almost a freebie if you do the raley.

Scarecrows are incredibly easy off a kicker. Probably the easiest invert at the park. However, is depends if a kicker is placed where you can hit it toeside.

Have fun, and don't forget your helmet.
Old                06-14-2006, 3:09 AM Reply   
The technique used behind a cable is quiete different from when using a steady wake... For the tricks listed, you should have to master the technique of carving and blocking. I find the last part pretty difficult since I am riding on a cable-park where they its running anti-clockwise ( and I am a goofy rider)..

please keep us posted how you got-on, as I am eager to know what your experiences are behind the cable.

cheers,
Tony

Old    jpbray            06-14-2006, 5:13 PM Reply   
I landed cab wing, indy glide, switch frontflip, hs 540, ts 540, off-axis 540 and cab 540.

Pretty happy about my day and we have a lot of footage.