Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (coda281)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-07-2011, 12:50 PM Reply   
I was thinking about what tricks to try next and figured other people probably wonder the same thing, so let me know which tricks you tried first and used to progress. Still trying scarecrow :/ This is mine:

Tantrum
HS Backroll
HS FS 360
TS FS 360
TS Backroll

Thanks!
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-07-2011, 4:10 PM Reply   
You should try a HS Backroll frontside 180. It's pretty easy to learn after a HS Backroll and the rotation feels like a Scarecrow, so that's good too. Also, TS Backroll frontside 180 is super easy. I try to do it exactly the same as a TS Backroll but I just hang on with both hands and try to spot the boat as I land. A trampoline is the best training tool you can get for practicing your inverts and mobes.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-08-2011, 9:02 AM Reply   
Don't neglect your backside spins. Back 1s and 3s are very technical tricks that will get you a lot of respect and score well in contests. They're really fun and they can be extremely stylish if you gain control of them. They'll also help you build up to more advanced tricks like the tantrum to blind, the moby dick, etc, not to mention the back 5, which is the first true "tech spin" that most people learn.

Last edited by TheHebrewHammer; 11-08-2011 at 9:06 AM.
Old     (broski)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-08-2011, 1:45 PM Reply   
Also get comfortable grabbing you 360's. That way you'll get comfortable varying your spin speed and you can step up to heel and toe 5's. Also make sure to not over look landing your ts360 blind. This way when you start trying crow mobes and petes, you are already comfortable with that landing and don't have to take a step back to get comfortable with them. Good luck and learn to grab everything!
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-08-2011, 2:12 PM Reply   
the tantrum and the two backrolls will be easiest to learn, because they dont require much skill, mainly require commitment. make sure you get some spins down forsure handlepassing is important, and dont forget about backside spins