Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-11-2012, 7:08 AM Reply   
3 or 4 years ago we went down to the river to ride with TC Wake, had a great time. Seems like they arent around anymore. Any other wake schools or rentals along the river?
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-11-2012, 9:11 AM Reply   
Call Josh at Revolution Cable 239-656-3000 he knows where everybody is.

As far a good wake school, great guy etc etc. Come on down south about 45 minutes and ride with Dustin. He runs a school both at the Quary, a private lake in Naples and also in the salt on Marco. Two boats.

here is Dustins' site:

http://www.waterskimarcoisland.com/WAKEBOARDING.html

If you dont mind riding behind an outboard I just launched the little boat again and will be going out this afternoon. Your welcome to join us. No talent old guy and kids. Water temp is 77.8 yesterday.
Old     (wakedude83)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-12-2012, 8:26 AM Reply   
Find me on facebook and send me a message if you wanna ride. My name is Nick Cankar. I usually ride on Miromar but will probly hit up the river too.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-12-2012, 11:08 AM Reply   
Nick! Where were you a few weeks ago? LOL. I was looking left and right to find a pull down there in the middle of February. Even rented a center counsel but it was wayyyyy to busy out on the intercoastal...ended up just cruising around.

Also, Nick, do you live on Miromar? I've been checking out houses on both Miromar and Harborage and have been wondering what it's typically like on those lakes. If you happened to have been on Miromar on around Feb 15th, you may have gotten a super sneak peak at something pretty sick.
Old     (wakedude83)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-12-2012, 11:20 AM Reply   
Yeah I know what was going on in mid feb. But I don't live down there. I'm just down there a lot. My family has a place down there and I have a lot of friends there too so I am there a ton. Miromar is absolutely awesome to ride on. Almost no other boats ever.

Also, the intercoastal has some good riding spots, but you have to find them!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-12-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedude83 View Post
Yeah I know what was going on in mid feb. But I don't live down there. I'm just down there a lot. My family has a place down there and I have a lot of friends there too so I am there a ton. Miromar is absolutely awesome to ride on. Almost no other boats ever.

Also, the intercoastal has some good riding spots, but you have to find them!
Right on. I actually ran into them while I was filling up the rental car, on my way to the airport....pretty rad.

Is Miromar fairly protected from the wind? Also, what is the depth there?

Do you have any experience with Harborage at all? That place catches my interest because you can launch into the canal and get out to Estero Bay.
Old     (wakedude83)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-12-2012, 12:27 PM Reply   
I wouldn't call it protected from the wind. Maybe the back lake is a little bit, but not very well. Best thing about Miromar is that you can ride pretty much right next to the shore cuz it's deep enough and two of the lakes are basically squares so one side is always going to be at least ok. Depth of those lakes is about 30 feet. I don't know much about Harborage, other than that the backwater is pretty shallow in a lot of areas depending on the tide until you get down to Naples.
Old     (fgcuwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-12-2012, 1:03 PM Reply   
Miromar lake is sickkk! I used to ride there a fair amount having gone to FGCU and had some buds that lived in Miromar. Since they connected the back lake there are a couple diff spots to choose from if its windy. However, during summer you're gonna have glass all the time, and poss babes on the beach if you ride on the school side! THat lake is a great secret even if people know about it b/c access is limited to only residents and students.