Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (992envy)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-06-2012, 11:04 PM Reply   
I have a 09 Mastercraft Xstar, factory Manuel says I have a 60 gal fuel tank. My fuel gauge reads empty and low fuel alert comes on when I still have 30 gallons. I have had it replaced under warranty (MC dealer said there was a recall) but I'm still having problems. Even when boat isn't moving. I have fuel sensor set to remind me at 5%. Any ideas?
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-06-2012, 11:19 PM Reply   
I have the same boat, same year and mine never works right either. It shows full when it's topped off but then after an hour or so the gage is basally 50 to 70% wrong. The best way to check it is visually. Unscrew the little white disk closest to the back of the boat (there should be two) and take a look backwards. That's your gas tank. If it show fuel you are good to go!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-06-2012, 11:39 PM Reply   
If that's your only issue consider yourself lucky. Ask anyone with a 12 if the can fill their ballast adjust their plates and hold speed!.

Seriously tho. I don't recall their being a recall on the fuel sender back then. Maybe I missed it. As mentioned if I relied on my gauge in my boat I would be left stranded numerous times. I also use the eye with a quick turn of he drain access I see the entire tank level if u need to be sure. God bless analog gauges and no alarms.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-07-2012, 7:39 AM Reply   
Yup. I have a 09 X-2 and the gauge always reads 1/4 tank less than what it really has.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-07-2012, 7:28 PM Reply   
It's not just an MC problem!
Old     (992envy)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-09-2012, 11:40 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, I will start doing a visual check, I appreciate the feedback.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-09-2012, 11:47 AM Reply   
I did not know the gas gauge was supposed to work. 02 xstar here. Mine showed full but some how needed 22 gallons of gas on sunday. Thank god my boat was under 30k.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-09-2012, 11:53 AM Reply   
Probably good to keep the tank half filled or more. If you run it low and burn out the pump there is $500-$1000 to get replaced by the dealer and it wouldn't/shouldn't be covered under warranty. That is assuming they are still using the same in tank fuel pump module as the past.
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       07-09-2012, 12:30 PM Reply   
I always keep the gas above 1/2 full. I top it off every 2 to 3 trips out. My fuel gauge seems to read accuratly with the bow slightly up.