Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-29-2007, 5:44 PM Reply   
guys-need some advice....i have a 94 cb nautique and have recently bought 4 polk audio db650 6.5" rnds. to replace the stock clarions.......i have an kenwood 45x4 cd player..also have a 12" polk audio db series sub with a ported box.......my questions are do i need an external amp to power just the 6.5", or will the head unit be plenty?....besides us amps, whats a practical amp/channel/watts to power my 12"?......or do i get one amp to power all?.......price and quality is a factor!.....thanks
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-29-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
You can get a Kicker ZX 700X5 amp for about $250 on E-bay.
You can run the separates off 4 channels and the sub off the other channel. I think it is something like 420watts at 2 ohm load for the sub and 85x4 watts per channel.
This should be perfect for application. I had this same amp running the system in my Car and worked perfect.
Obviously you can go the two amp route and there are a number of different brands and models that will serve your purpose.

The stereo deck will not give enough power to those Polk speakers. They will sounds ok but nothing compared to when they are properly powered.
Old     (dave_12345)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-29-2007, 6:49 PM Reply   
what i would done is drop the kicker in the water,and find something that is some what good. you dont need a 5 channel waste of money, get a good 4 channel like arc, zapco,u.s. amps massive, then you run 4 speakers on two channels- run the sub briged on the last two . YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-29-2007, 9:17 PM Reply   
I have run Kicker Audio in my Cars and Boats for 5 years and have not had 1 problem with anything.
Definately IMO Best amps for the price. Dave , He said Price is an issue. While Zapco's are great they certainly are not cheap. I guarantee that 5 channel amp will produce a great sound and power for less than $250. Kind of hard to beat that
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-29-2007, 9:53 PM Reply   
E Dub U,

Amen brother.. I second that.. Dollar per watt they are nearly impossible to beat.
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-30-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
theres a kicker zx 700 x5 thats an 06 model for 190 + 30 for shipping............thats a good deal i take it?...............
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-30-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
Jump on it!!!!
Old     (drunkmonkey)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-30-2007, 5:35 PM Reply   
not to hijack too much...but I too need an amp(s) to run four interior (5.25") speakers and two tower speakers (6x9). Sounds like a good four-channel would do it...interior speakers on two channels, tower on two.

Am I thinking right?