Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-21-2006, 2:01 AM Reply   
has anyone drilled a hole in their 3ds to get 3 screws in for extra security on this fins when hitting obstacles?

my problem is that bought a new 3ds a week ago, took it straight on the obstacles and bent one of the fins over. so now i'm gonna get the .8" pwings and thinking about drillin the third hole. only problem is I'm not sure if i'll be able to seal the hole and if it would be at the right angle....

any thoughts?
Old    blind5            10-21-2006, 8:08 AM Reply   
yea, don't do it, you will expose the foam and slowely get water in your board
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-21-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
And about the 3rd screw... It won't make any difference. If you can bend over 2, 3 will be just as easy, and more leverage for your fin means more potential damage to your board. I say just ride without fins... that's what I do when I'm worried about em.

You could epoxy the sides of the hole and never have a problem. In addition, I think most MFGs use closed-cell foam, which doesn't take on water. I took a chunk out of my Fish, and it's still golden.
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-21-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
screw it
Old     (jesswake_snow)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-21-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
damn if you do it you should post pix. i wanna c what happens.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-27-2006, 3:57 AM Reply   
gonna get some 0.8" pwings, try em with the 2 holes for the mo, then see what happens. i guess its the same fins as the 05 temet, so should still be pretty grippy when on edge, which was a concern cause of flat water raleys on cable...
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-27-2006, 4:49 AM Reply   
don't use any fins on the kickers...that is what i do.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-27-2006, 11:57 AM Reply   
matt, then i need them for flat water trix, so need best of both worlds. was perfect with molded in fins, but love the way the 3ds rides so have to work it out from here
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-27-2006, 6:36 PM Reply   
harry, not to be negative or anything, but isn't the 3ds an expensive board to be using at the cable?
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-28-2006, 4:01 AM Reply   
thats a pretty weird thing to say to a cable rider....

i ride in the UK where its pretty pricey to ride boat, so loving cable. used to ride boat but last two years i've been on cable and my 03 premier hasn't broken yet!

also, its an expensive board because its a great shape, making it better for flat water trix etc, tic tocking etc