Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (cmeriptahoe)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-10-2006, 10:26 PM Reply   
is it possible that my board racks are too narrow? i just got my new boat and it came with what are probably crappy racks... and they seem really tight on my boards. it takes a lot of force and wiggling to get them on and off. the boards are an '06 Murray and '06 Premier.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2006, 11:30 PM Reply   
nope the 06 murray (I have) is thick around the edges, its a pain in my racks also.

(Message edited by ghostrider_2 on August 10, 2006)
Old     (cmeriptahoe)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-10-2006, 11:33 PM Reply   
so do u just kinda force it in there? i dont wanna mess it up or somethin.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2006, 11:37 PM Reply   
nope, I slide in the front then the back then the frone then the back. It takes a few trys.
I am wainting on my new Rosewell Caddy SI Swival racks I hope give me a tad bit more reathing room.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2006, 11:37 PM Reply   
The only thing you can do to the racks is pull/unseat the rubber which I did do and have to re-glue.
Old     (cmeriptahoe)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-10-2006, 11:42 PM Reply   
im more worried about messing up the board.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2006, 11:43 PM Reply   
I got the black rubber skuff's but they come right off when I wipe my board down.
Old     (cmeriptahoe)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-10-2006, 11:44 PM Reply   
ok thanks.
Old    bigrich            08-11-2006, 7:13 AM Reply   
The board racks on my 215 are really tight too. I imagine you probaly got the Sanger emblemed/flamed racks that fit the chubby tower. If so try a little vinyl protectant (babes,303) on the rubber and it helps some. But you have to reapply every few times out. One of the gals I ride with still rides an old school Wake Tech (I know, I know) and it wont even fit in the rack at all.
Old    bigrich            08-11-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
Kenny let us know how those swivel racks work out. I also want some of those but haven't seen too many on the market. Does your boat have the chubby tower? I also noticed you have your racks on the top bar of the tower. I guess you will have to mount the swivels lower to clear the bimini. Let me know please.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-11-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
Calvin,

How's that V230 working out for you?

If you want any advice on anything or have any questions let me know and I'll see if I can help.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-11-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
yeah, by the way, those new hyperlite boards must be really thick around the edges like kenny said...coz all of my boards or friends boards go in really easy.
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-11-2006, 9:19 AM Reply   
It is the boards. I have an 06 Premier and I have the same problem.
Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       08-11-2006, 9:43 AM Reply   
Just a note - the only rack that i have found that fits all the new Hyperlites are the DBOT5 Robot AXL's.
Muji.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-11-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
don't have chubby, wish I did but was not an option when I got my 05.

I will be removing the racks on the upper bar and selling them, as for the lower bar I will move them forward a bit and the rosewill will fit just below the upper bar (on vert bat) to clear my bimini and still be able to reach in the boat, might have to stand on seat tho.

I can tell you this much customer service at Rosewell as been waayyy above that of anybody else, I would have to put them right there next to Grizzly Sports, which of couse can do no wrong...(LOL)
Old    lebeau            08-11-2006, 11:49 AM Reply   
Had same problem with the 06' Premier...until I removed the jib rails. I'm too old to hit rails anyway.
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-11-2006, 1:30 PM Reply   
Check out the DBOT5 racks. They are really nice and their surfer rack will fit just about anything up to a full size surfboard. You can see them at dbot5.com.

They also have a surfer attachment that you can add to any of their racks to carry an extra board.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-11-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
but they don't swival into the boat which for me is a big deal for the little boarders.
Old     (cmeriptahoe)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-11-2006, 3:08 PM Reply   
charlie,
the new v230 is great. i love it. just took it out for the second time this mornin and im lovin the wake. if you can give me any advice on weighting it for surfing that would be great.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-12-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
Calvin,

I do not know too much about wakesurfing. I do know that other V230 owners have filled the front stock ballast 100% and put as much weight in the rear locker that they could fit (same side as surfing) with good results.

I have tried it with 500lbs in the rear locker with the ballast full up front (500lb) and the wake turned out pretty good. Next time I'm going to try putting another 500 on the floor as close to the rear corner as I can get.

Sorry that wasn't much help. I would be able to provide more help for wakeboarding.