Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (wakecrazy21v)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-08-2006, 8:32 AM Reply   
We are going to cancun today and will be wakeboarding on tuesday with scott @ waterski cancun, has anybody been wakeboarding there, and how was it? Thanks John
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-08-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
Have fun john. take pics as usual.....
Old     (festivus)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-08-2006, 10:09 AM Reply   
I was there in March. I am pretty sure we went out with Scott. If so, you'll like him, he's a cool guy. If it's who I'm thinking, he has a supra of some sort that was a limited edition and has a monstrous beam. We got a late start and had a few people with us who wanted to try for the first time, and we still had fun. Highly recommended.
Old     (wakecrazy21v)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-08-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info. And yes they do run supras. We will Tyler and you know lots of pics.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-08-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
Is there a way to get ahold of Scott @ waterski cancun. I am going to Riviera Maya in March and would love to board down there. I don't think its too far away from cancun
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-08-2006, 10:42 AM Reply   
Actually...nevermind, I found the website. thanks though
Old     (wakecrazy21v)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-08-2006, 10:55 AM Reply   
Glad you found it, when you call the usa # you will talk to Ruthy, she is vary nice.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       12-08-2006, 10:14 PM Reply   
We're going to Riviera Maya as well in March. I'll look them up!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-08-2006, 10:47 PM Reply   
Anybody interested in doing a trip? We can get a group rate, Ruthie will handle the hotel, Scott will handle the skiing. I might even be able to work us into the club med one night, since I used to work there.

I prefer Cancun in late April after the spring breakers go back to school and before it gets too hot. I am thinking the Westin where Scott can pick up us on the beach right behind the hotel. Now the Club Med is a kid/baby zone I won't be going there.
Old     (himain10ance)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-09-2006, 2:32 PM Reply   
be careful there is alligators in the lagoon
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-09-2006, 2:51 PM Reply   
PICS!!!!!
Old     (festivus)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-12-2006, 2:56 PM Reply   
The gators only come out after sunset, at least that is what Scott told us...
Old     (cathy)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-12-2006, 3:03 PM Reply   
Just got back from Club Med Cancun, we had a great time. We didn't go out with Scott but we met a couple that went out with him everyday for 2 weeks. They had great things to say. Oh, did someone mention a Croc?

Upload
Old     (cathy)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-12-2006, 3:17 PM Reply   
Oh, here's another...apparently he likes volleyball.

Upload

(Message edited by cathy on December 12, 2006)
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-12-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
How was your trip Cathy? Was the club any fun now that it is a "family" club?

The folks over here would love to hear your impressions...

http://www.clubmedplanet.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=52

BTW, I went last fall the week before Wilma. It was awesome then.
Old     (cathy)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-12-2006, 4:00 PM Reply   
GD, we had a great time. They've done an awesome job remodeling the resort. The club is not the non-stop party that it was before (go to Turks for that), they're going for a more sophisticated atmoshphere which I think they've acheived. As far as kids, there weren't that many the week that we were there, but that could change once the mini club opens. I'll definitely go back, in fact contemplating next April.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       12-13-2006, 1:50 PM Reply   
You guys take a kiteboarding lesson while youre there. It is SICK!! my wife and I go every year in Jan or Feb. Nice to travel to "summer" in the middle of winter.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-13-2006, 2:15 PM Reply   
so do the crocs come out while you are boarding. how much lead time does waterski cancun need for a reservation?
Old     (kaesensuyderhoud)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-14-2006, 1:20 PM Reply   
what happens in cancune, stays in cancune.
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-14-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
Where is Cancune?
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-14-2006, 1:51 PM Reply   
Im headed to mayan Rivera a community called puerto adventuras on dec 31 til the 9th. Where should i go to go kiteboarding
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-14-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
My lady and I just got back from the Mayan Riveria in late June. It is an adult version of Cancun IMO. I am all down for raging & keep up with the best of em but staring & 1/2 naked highschool girls on my honeymoon wouldn't go to well with the wifey ;)

We spent a day & Xel-HA & Tulum & it was amazing. I have a timeshare in Cabo but fell in love with the Cancun/Mayan Riveria area. A trip to Cancun from the Mayan Riveria is about 45 mins if you wanted to hit up the lagoon & hook up wiht Scott.

Lzy
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       12-14-2006, 11:58 PM Reply   
We stayed on Cozumel for a week and went to Cancun to visit for the day. It was DEAD! We wanted to party and there was no one there, at the end of April, so we went back to Playa Del Carmen. Which at least had people on the beach.
Upload
Old     (itrynwake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-15-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
heading to the Playa del Carmen tomorrow for a week...
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-15-2006, 7:17 AM Reply   
Have a blast in Playa. The downtown area is pretty dope, tons of lil shops, bars & great restaraunts. There are a couple bars that have swings on the main strip in downtown - good times fo sho! Here's a couple quick shots to get you in the mood - L8R

Downtown @ Night
Upload

Swing Bars
Upload
Upload

Tulum Ruins
Upload

Xel-Ha aquatic park
Upload
Old     (fyerfytr)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-15-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
Cool pics thanks - Going to Playa Del Carmen 2nd week in April- Cant wait
Old     (hanglooser)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-16-2006, 12:58 AM Reply   
Not sure if i got right, but Club Med Cancun and Waterski Cancun do cooperate?
So the Club Med doesn`t have "own" boats operating...?
What do you (cancun experienced) guys think about a trip to that place around new year?
>Especially concerning the to be expected wheather conditions and crowds of tourists...
Thanks
Siggi
Old     (partyb)      Join Date: Dec 2001       12-16-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
Siggi, are you from Germany? And if so, did you come to FL a couple years ago and ride with me?
Old     (hanglooser)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-16-2006, 11:12 AM Reply   
Yes!!!! Hi Brian! Good to hear from you.
We really had a good at your place. Riding with you guys was really fun. Got your photo stories from time to time, but hadn`t much to tell about myself witin this time...
So how are you now?

Anna and me are planing our holidays around new year right now (as you could have already assumed by reading this thread) and cancun seems to be an oppurtunity.
Siggi
Old     (tdiggity)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-17-2006, 3:19 PM Reply   
i was in cancun for thanksgiving and we went wakeboarding with scott at dusk, it was awesome wakeboarding in a lagoon in the night! overall was a great time and very affordable (he only charged me like $80 ) for an hour and a half. But take my word for it it is well worth the hassle to bring youre own board