Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-19-2007, 8:45 AM Reply   
I've decided to get a more active backpack for my camera. Will be carrying during snowboarding and mountain biking. A few people had rave reviews about the Sequence pack.... just wondering how it measures up to the Burton camera pack. Anyone??
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-19-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
I use the Sequence and love it.
Old     (brado16)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-20-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
I also have the Sequence and love it! Bought it this spring for protection against my gear in the boat and also for snowboarding this winter. I brought the pack with throughout Europe this summer, checked in as luggage a few times (without the block and photo gear) and it has showed no signs of wear or tear. I did use it while mountain biking in Interlaken Switzerland and it worked just fine, was comfortable and supportive. I would def reccomed the DaKine pack. I have not used the Burton though so i can not compare the two.
Old     (humboldtboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-20-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
I've got the Burton, and I'm pretty happy with it. My first choice was the Sequence, but I could not find it anywhere at the time. I even bid $40 over retail on ebay for a used one, but wasn't able to get it. I looked for it for about 2 months, then settled for the Burton, which was kind of hard to find too. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the Burton. It's a little smaller than the Dakine, which I like. I can fit my camera, lens', & laptop. The main thing I don't care for is the looks of it. I've thought about dyeing it black, then I think I'd love it.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-21-2007, 10:30 PM Reply   
I researched backpacks before getting mine. Wound up with the Sequence, but had to order it since non of the local shops had either brand to even look at in person. Mine came from www.glassandpowder.com.

So onto the pack itself. I do like the way it stays with my body so far, but have not tried it yet on my MTB, or any serious hiking as I am just able to walk again. The pack can barely hold a fleece in the top, and a laptop in the far outside pocket if it is thin and fairly small. I use a Stink Pad T41 and have the IBM neoprene cover and it fits fairly tight. Remember this is right where you lay the pack down to get the camera out, so the laptop is pretty exposed. All the straps need to be cut down, as they flop everywhere. There is enough room for the items shown below. At some point I will be adding a 60mm lens into the mix, so it will be a pretty tight squeeze. There is room for a battery grip, and by removing the padding and using lens covers by Lowe Pro, or something similar, there is enough room to include more toys. The size is nice in that it is compact, but it does not really leave much room for added stuff like a Camel Back. It does have a place for a water bottle and the other side has a pocket and a place to hold a tripod. They do make another backpack that can hold the camera block too. The camera block is another nice feature that I like. Often in the car, that is all I bring. Kinda like having two camera bags in one.
Upload
Upload
Old    mobster            08-22-2007, 6:20 AM Reply   
Try the Tamrac cyberpack 6 it will hold your gear, laptop ,and much more